Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   AHH!! Quick! Look what I just found! A pic of Smeagol in Return of the King! (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83333)

Larry_OHF 12-30-2002 12:03 AM

Smeagol...the early years...

Attalus 12-30-2002 12:07 AM

Erm, <font color=lightblue>Larry, </font> that doesn't look like anything that I saw, but, what do I know? Regards,

Nanobyte 12-30-2002 12:07 AM

He looks somewhat like whatshisface from The Two Towers. I'm not familiar with any of the names, but the saboteur in the king's castle.

Larry_OHF 12-30-2002 12:13 AM

<font color=skyblue>You mean wormtongue. yeah, you're right...it looks like him.

All I know is that I went to my favorite moive previews website, and they provided that link to that picture, naming it a smeagol/gollum pic. I have read elsewhere that Pete Jackson was going to portray more of Smeagol in the next film so that viewers can relate what happened to him in relation to what may happen to Frodo...and show the bond that those two share by being ringbearers. Thus, we get to see Smeagol kill his friend and stuff like the book explained.</font>

Nanobyte 12-30-2002 12:16 AM

Oh dear. I know Samwise turns out to be a ringbearer as well, but don't tell me Frodo kills him (I know you're not saying this directly, but they do share a connection)

GokuZool 12-30-2002 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Nanobyte:
He looks somewhat like whatshisface from The Two Towers. I'm not familiar with any of the names, but the saboteur in the king's castle.
I agree. He looks somewhat like Wormtongue from the Two Towers.

Although Gollum did resemble a hafling when he was younger did he not?

[img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img]

Ar-Cunin 12-30-2002 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by GokuZool:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Nanobyte:

</font>[/QUOTE]Gollum was/is a hobbit

Sir Exxon 12-30-2002 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ar-Cunin:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by GokuZool:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Nanobyte:

</font>[/QUOTE]Gollum was/is a hobbit
</font>[/QUOTE]<font color="gold">Actually, he wasn't/isn't a Hobbit, he was/is just something that looked like a Hobbit, a different race. ;) </font>

/)eathKiller 12-30-2002 07:04 AM

Huh... looks like a halfling...

9_1_6 12-30-2002 07:12 AM

<font color = white>He does look alot like wormtongue.. </font>