Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Trials of the Luremaster/stuck (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22657)

aaflight 04-04-2002 10:54 AM

stuck How do you get in the Castle?

Nifft the Nimble 04-04-2002 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by aaflight:
stuck How do you get in the Castle?
There are four towers. Did you look in them?

Once you did, did you take what you found in each to its special, secret resting place?

Post if you need more explicit help, which will be a spoiler.

-- Nifft

aaflight 04-04-2002 12:11 PM

I have everything just need one more clue

Nifft the Nimble 04-04-2002 12:36 PM

Okay, let the <font size=+2>SPOILERS BEGIN!</font>

Did you go downstairs and face the Four Easy Trials of the Luremaster to get the Four Lame Poems about the Watchknights? Good, keep those.

Do you have the Symbol of Helm (found in room with suicidal Paladin)? Put it in the bowl of the little spider-infested chapel of Helm, and a door will open under the altar.

The door leads to a tomb. Clear the tomb (heh, heh).

There are four big stone coffins past the last door (unsurprisingly). One Lame Poem belongs in each. However, there are no ill effects if you just dump every Lame Poem in each, one coffin at a time. (The correct Lame Poem will disappear from the coffin as you watch.)

Now you should have seen four spirits thank you and disappear. Congradulations, you've laid the Watchknight's spirits to rest.

The castle doors ought to be open now.

Hope this is what you'd wanted!

-- Nifft

aaflight 04-04-2002 12:39 PM

Thanks Nifft i'll give it a try

Framje 05-02-2002 09:53 AM

I have tried to work the game before checking this list, but have gotten stuck here. I tried the symbol before, but had no luck.

How do you put the symbol in the bowl? I have tried to use it (can't use in any slots), put it on the ground, etc.

Any hint would be good!!

Micah Foehammer 05-02-2002 10:30 AM

SPOILER:

Just put the symbol of helm in the bowl on the altar. You should see a symbol of Helm appear behind the altar on the wall.

A secret door will open in FRONT of the altar. Its tough to see at first. But it IS there. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Tanoch Thas'ala 05-02-2002 12:30 PM

Spoiler!!

Just do it in reverse of how you pick something up...click on the silver bowl and you will two inventory boxes open the bowl's and yours..just click ont he hand and it will go into the bowl

Hayashi 05-03-2002 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Nifft the Nimble:
The door leads to a tomb. Clear the tomb (heh, heh).

Ahhh, the tomb *grin*. I still have warm, fuzzy memories of that place - imho one of the best dungeons in the game... *evil cackle*.

[img]graemlins/evillaughter1.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/evillaughter2.gif[/img]