Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Compilation of Critical Hit Exclamations (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14804)

CerebroDragon 02-03-2004 06:15 AM

Hey intrepid wanderers of Faerun,

This has probably been done before in another thread, but I just thought I'd do it again for my current Baldur's Gate obsession's sake. ;)
I'm keen to read all of the NPC critical hit remarks and indeed, any favourites that you may have invented for your own characters via your own soundsets. These are from my current party:

Minsc: "YA-Hey!" (Pretty dull by his standards, I think)

Edwina: "Even in hand to hand I am dangerous!" (Is this the same as normal Edwin? I forget...)

Jan: "Take that Turnip hating scum!"

Viconia: (I'm unsure about this one) sounds alot like "Mythos!" (Those who speak drow, please correct me if I blaspheme thy sacred black tongue)

My personal favourite from my experiences would definitely have to be from Korgan:

"A Scone-breaker!" :D
It just suits him so well and makes you clench a fist in victorious revelry when he chops something to itty bits.

Have any of you made your own soundsets?
I must admit to not having a mic to try it out as yet...

[ 02-03-2004, 06:18 AM: Message edited by: CerebroDragon ]

ryaldin 02-03-2004 07:34 AM

Umm...it's actually ,"A SKULL-breaker" not a Scone breaker...

On a releated note though, Mazzy says, "yes!" Aerie whimpers, "Oh my!", Yoshimo does a sort of Karate-ish yell, like "aiiggt!" (yeah, if you can come of with some better way to describe it, go for it)

[ 02-03-2004, 07:38 AM: Message edited by: ryaldin ]

Elizar 02-03-2004 08:52 AM

I think Viconia is saying "Vith dos!" ... which means "*BEEEP!* you"
I could be wrong tho... [img]smile.gif[/img]

EDIT: Allright, allright... happy now? :D

[ 02-03-2004, 09:29 AM: Message edited by: Elizar ]

Ironbar 02-03-2004 09:03 AM

Can you say that?

andrewas 02-03-2004 09:16 AM

Well, on the one hand, its a correct translation of a direct quote from the game, and therefore should sensibly be permissable since anyone reading this post should have encountered it before. (Admittedly, very few speak drow, but anyone that knows even a little knows what vith means.)

On the other hand, the parents of the younger members generaly want their offspring to be shielded from such language.

On the third hand, the kids themselves dont usualy mind it.

On the fourth hand, Ziroc has banned that word in particular.

So, no you can't.

CerebroDragon 02-03-2004 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by ryaldin:
Umm...it's actually ,"A SKULL-breaker" not a Scone breaker...

[img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img] Are you sure? lol. I'll have to double listen next time.

Must have been his thick accent which got me confused there. Oh well, scone-breaker works just as well since it has a similar enough meaning - its even a bit more subtle I think. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
I can vaguely remember the Yoshimo exclamation, kind of like a Ki strike sound I suppose..and doesn't he say a little 'yeah?' after it?
Maybe "Vith Dos" is more like a 'take that' kind of sentiment - but in a bitter way, that kind of remark I guess is conceivable from our lovely Viconia.

C'mon then, what about Valygar and Keldorn...Anomen....anyone?
Keep them coming. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Jim 02-03-2004 09:46 AM

Anomen says "Take that!"
Keldorn says "Torm take you!"
Cernd says "Nature strikes!"
Valygar says "a good hit..."
Haer'Dalis says "a solid blow!" (but sounds more like "a salad bowl")
Sarevok says "DIE!"
Jaheria says "With Vengence!"

I really can't remember what Nalia/Imoen say...?

Dundee Slaytern 02-03-2004 09:46 AM

ADD] Argh! Beaten to the mark by Jim by mere seconds. [img]tongue.gif[/img] A more in-depth post too. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Keldorn: "Torm take you!"

Cernd: "Nature strikes!"

AFAIK.

Ones I'm really, really, not sure.

Imoen: "Oooo, that gotta hurt."

Nalia: "For the needy!"

If you want to read the actual text. Activate your feedback options in the option menu.

[ 02-03-2004, 09:51 AM: Message edited by: Dundee Slaytern ]

Jim 02-03-2004 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
ADD] Argh! Beaten to the mark by Jim by mere seconds. [img]tongue.gif[/img] A more in-depth post too. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Keldorn: "Torm take you!"

Cernd: "Nature strikes!"

AFAIK.

Ones I'm really, really, not sure.

Imoen: "Oooo, that gotta hurt."

Nalia: "For the needy!"

If you want to read the actual text. Activate your feedback options in the option menu.

Blimey, that was indeed a matter of seconds!

Not read the BG2 boards properly for months. Have to catch up now [img]smile.gif[/img]

Think you're right about Imoen, but Nalia's "For the needy" comment might just be her war cry, rather than her critical hit comment...really not sure though!

Illumina Drathiran'ar 02-03-2004 11:13 AM

Nalia says, "YES!"
Imoen says, "Got ya good!"

Viconia says, "Vith'os!" which, roughly translated, is a swear word. Vith should become part of your vocabularies, all of you. It's that lovely four-letter word that begins with F, ends with K, and involves a lot of excitement. And no, I don't mean "Firetruck"

Now, "dos" means you, so it's possible that Black Isle invented their own contraction. I'm not sure what "Vith'ir" translates to, but I of course have a fairly good reason.

That concludes your drow lesson for today. Any more questions, other than, "Do you have a LIFE?!" can be directed to me.