Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   The RIAA sees the face of evil, and it's a 12-year-old girl... (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87654)

Luvian 09-09-2003 11:20 PM

Read the arcticle here...

What do you think of it?

Dundee Slaytern 09-09-2003 11:29 PM

Is the article being cynical, or are they actually being supportive of the RIAA's new policies?

True_Moose 09-09-2003 11:30 PM

<font color="orange">Can you say "publicity stunt"? I feel sorry for the kid. She must be scared out of her wits right now. I really hope this blows up in the RIAA's face. :mad: </font>

Luvian 09-09-2003 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
Is the article being cynical, or are they actually being supportive of the RIAA's new policies?
Cynical [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Reeka 09-09-2003 11:53 PM

Well, anyone who has dealt with 12-year-olds can well believe that Brianna thought that her mother paid $29.99 for the music service and she could down load all sje wanted. I have heard moms complain that they got a pre-paid cell phone for their kid and they used up all the minutes in a coupld of days.

I believe that it will hold up in court when I see it.

The Hunter of Jahanna 09-09-2003 11:55 PM

isnt it illegal to sue a minor?

Gangrell 09-10-2003 12:04 AM

Of course she thought she could download the songs at will, she's 12 yrs old for God's sake! [img]graemlins/doh.gif[/img]

Yea, I'm sure RAII is going to sue a little girl, if they do, they are the biggest group of pricks on this earth. It's a wee girl, I honestly doubt she'll bring the music industry to it's knees :rolleyes:

Luvian 09-10-2003 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Gangrell:
Of course she thought she could download the songs at will, she's 12 yrs old for God's sake! [img]graemlins/doh.gif[/img]

Yea, I'm sure RAII is going to sue a little girl, if they do, they are the biggest group of pricks on this earth. It's a wee girl, I honestly doubt she'll bring the music industry to it's knees :rolleyes:

Apparently this is something the RIAA don't seem to understand. Almost all the people downloading songe are minors.

They aren't dealing with a drug ring, they are dealing with a bunch of kids and teenagers sharing files with an easy to use file-sharing program.

Kakero 09-10-2003 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by The Hunter of Jahanna:
isnt it illegal to sue a minor?
I don't know about over there but here you can sue the parents instead.

Ziroc 09-10-2003 12:31 AM

It's going to make even more people resent RIAA now, and not want to buy as many CD's--or ANY. They really took the wrong path here.