Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   The OFFICIAL Ironworks Football World Cup Thread --Part II (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79381)

Hayashi 06-14-2002 04:18 AM

With about 10 mins left, the scores are:

Japan 2 Tunisia 0
Belgium 3 Russia 1

Looks like Japan & Belgium are through (barring any disasters).

Update: Russia pull one back in the dying minutes of the game.
Belgium 3 Russia 2

[ 06-14-2002, 04:23 AM: Message edited by: Hayashi ]

Ar-Cunin 06-14-2002 04:26 AM

Group is finished

after Japan 2 - Tunesia 0
and Belgium 3 - Russia 2

Japan.........5-2......7
Belgium.......6-5......5
Russia........4-4......3
Tunisia.......1-5......1

Lanthir 06-14-2002 04:28 AM

Well 3 mor ehours to the US v Poland. I am tryin gto decide which is better for us to win the group and play Italia next or come in second and play Mexico. We seem to be able to beat mexico in home games but have a problem with them in mexico city i think we beat them once there but mostly tie or lose there ( thi si the last few years I think we are 7 7 3. However, Italia is tuff if they actually play and I we can't keep counting on the disallowed goals to pull us through a match with them.

Oh bye the way yea Mexico Italy wasa bad ending but I did nto see the Italians tryign to get the ball from them at the end so you can't just boo the Mexs

Hayashi 06-14-2002 04:30 AM

Full time. Japan & Belgium secure their places in the next stage of the World Cup by defeating Tunisia and Russia 2-0 and 3-2 respectively.

the new JR Jansen 06-14-2002 05:06 AM

We're through 'sigh of relief'. After the debacle against Tunisia and the match against Japan, in wich we could have done better too, we won this one against Russia. Now Brasil is next.

Ar-Cunin 06-14-2002 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by the new JR Jansen:
We're through 'sigh of relief'. After the debacle against Tunisia and the match against Japan, in wich we could have done better too, we won this one against Russia. Now Brasil is next.
Good Luck - you're going to need it ;)

Donut 06-14-2002 05:36 AM

Yeah - Japan and Belgium go through in the 'Group of Life'. :D

Donut 06-14-2002 05:40 AM

It is well known that progress for Brazil in the World Cup always promotes an upsurge of sexual activity in that country. In order to cash in on this, Prudence (love the name!) the condom manufacurer has produceds a fetching yellow and blue, mint flavoured condom which incorporates the Brazilian football federation badge.

Reports that, since Tuesday, sales of French Letters have shrivelled, have yet to be confirmed! :D

Memnoch 06-14-2002 05:45 AM

Shame England couldn't manufacture a goal against Nigeria, then they would have played Senegal in the 2nd round, then possibly Turkey or Japan in the quarters. As it is, they've got Denmark in the 2nd round, then probably Brazil in the quarters. It's a shame they can't seem to score goals despite having Owen up front. I wonder what the problem could be? Hmm...

:D

Donut 06-14-2002 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lanthir:
Well 3 mor ehours to the US v Poland. I am tryin gto decide which is better for us to win the group and play Italia next or come in second and play Mexico. We seem to be able to beat mexico in home games but have a problem with them in mexico city i think we beat them once there but mostly tie or lose there (
Of course there is also the possibility that you lose today and are eliminated. ;)