Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Gnats on a camping trip (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91139)

Jorath Calar 07-22-2004 08:21 PM

ARGH!!! I generally like my job a lot, most of the people is fun to work with and the job is easy and the pay is good, but of course it has it's bad sides, rude stupid, sloppy (some of them downright disgusting) customers, having to scrub the floor (and having someone walk over it 2 minutes later) and (the reason for this thread... a coworker I have, despite my best intentions to do other wise, grown to despise. She is 19 years old and was promoted to "shift manager", and suddenly she is bossing everybody around. Generally I have no problem with people who boss others around, but this [expletetive deleted] is of the kind I really don't like. She always tell everyone else to do the hard, boring or disgusting jobs... and does the easy jobs herself... and (the worst part) then takes credit for the other jobs. and if something goes wrong she is always pointing fingers at someone else (even if it was her fault).

We work in a gasstation/reststop, I am usually in the gastation part, but this gnat is always telling me to start do the things I have to do before we close... the good part is that I have usually done them by the time she starts yapping.
I referred to her today as The Queen of the Damned, I hate talking about people behind their backs, but I think it has a bearing in this case...

Thankfully I'm quitting next month, I'll miss some parts of the job, and some of the people, but she is the one part I'll not miss.

SecretMaster 07-22-2004 09:09 PM

This is similiar to a situation my sis had at her job. If this manager eventually gets on everyone's nerves and everyone hates her, start complaining to the head manager, whatever he's called. Usually, people just promoted start power tripping. But if everyone starts complaining, the head manager will have a nice little "talk" with this person. It happened at my sisters job, and then the manager suddenly became nice. If it continues, hell maybe she'll get fired.

Ladyzekke 07-22-2004 09:31 PM

Sounds like she's one of those people who use her status to make herself feel special, like when a person cuts another down, makes them feel better about themselves. She wasn't being bossy to keep the station up and runnning smoothly; if she paid attention she would have already known you know your job and can do it without her having to tell you. She's just showboating and taking advantage and amusing herself. Well that's what your description sounds like to me anyways. I'm glad it is a temporary job for you, screw dealing with that I say.