Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Mid-Life Crisis...at 20!!! (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96952)

Balintherlas 12-13-2006 10:47 PM

Yep, I'm 20 years old friends and I'm already facing a dilemia. I have erectile disfunction! Hahaha sorry I was just joking about that, the real problem is I think I'm losing my hair. You see I have a bit of a receding hair line on the right side of my head, above and in front of my ear, but the real problem is the hair on the top of my head and from my bangs is falling out very easily. Combing, running my hands through it, sometimes even just shaking my head violently causes it to fall out. This is very disconcerting to me as my hair has always been thick. Now at this point in the thread your probabley wondering why I have posted this, the answer being I would like any advice you can give to put a stop to catastrophic event.

Albromor 12-13-2006 10:56 PM

I don't think you can stop this catastrophic event without some professional intervention which means $. My brother had unbelieveably thick hair at your age and now is almost 100% bald.

Also, it is one thing to have your receeding from the front to the back; that usually takes years. But when it starts falling from the top of the head, particularly the crown, baldness is much more rapid. Does baldness run in the males on either side of your family?

I am sure this is not what you were hoping to hear.

Luther 12-13-2006 11:30 PM

I'm 24 and facing a similar problem.

There's no fighting nature. Just accept it. Baldness in itself isn't necessarily unattractive, but being self-conscious and insecure about your baldness definitely is.

CONDOK 12-13-2006 11:57 PM

My opinion is try shaving your head and see
if you like the natural look.Your hair will grow back.If you dont then nature will prevail.In light of the subject,i agree with Albromor.
You might need to seek professional medical help to your delima.
Just my opinion, no offense.

Balintherlas 12-14-2006 12:24 AM

well im not that desperate to get hair surgery or anything, but i didnt kno if there was like a shampoo or something that strengthens my hair

vesselle 12-14-2006 01:02 AM

shave it all off!
bald guys are sexy [img]smile.gif[/img]

Aerich 12-14-2006 01:30 AM

If it's "natural", e.g. male pattern baldness, there's nothing you can do about it except go for the Mark Messier look, which is vastly preferable to the comb-over look. If you don't have male pattern baldness in your family, take a multi-vitamin in case you're missing something from your diet, and go see a doctor. Loss of hair can be indicative of more serious medical problems.

There's also a condition known as alopecia (rough translation: loss of hair) that is suffered by quite a few people, including NBA player Charlie Villaneuva (Milwaukee Bucks). He's bald as a billiard ball.

Balintherlas 12-14-2006 02:00 AM

Lack of vitamins really? My illium and half of my intestines have been removed, but I get b12 shots once a month, il ask my doctor about it.
Thank you

Bungleau 12-14-2006 02:45 AM

Rogaine... but I don't know if it will help.

johnny 12-14-2006 04:45 AM

Nowadays noone has to be bald, all you need is some money and a good adress for implants. If i were your age, and something like that would be happening to me, that's what i'd be doing for sure. No way i'd be walking around bald at a young age.

Of course you could always listen to Vesselle's words, there's a certain truth behind them. Of course you also need to dress good, otherwise you'd be nothing like a bald bum. :D Grow small sideburns while your bald for that Italian look, or one of them goatees or how do you call that crap on men's chins ? [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

[ 12-14-2006, 04:45 AM: Message edited by: johnny ]