Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Cloudy's Cafe, a conversation zone- February 13, 2003 (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84227)

antryg 02-13-2003 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by harleyquinn:
Hi All!! Hi Arion. Antryg, I smacked you with a trout in the last cafe for that pun. Antryg, do you use that user name on any chats? (I don't need you to mention which ones). Just curious, because that user name seems familiar, but I can't figure out why.
So, how is everyone today? Only 1 1/2 hours and then I can leave work for the weekend!!!

The only chat I ever use is msn messenger and I do use antryg there most of the time. Remeber the only good pun is one that stinks like a trout>

Cloudbringer 02-13-2003 03:37 PM

Whoa, Sigmar, my significant other, Nachtrafe, is into cooking too. I'll have to show him this thread...of course he'll then get lost in your link and reading all the recipes! LOL :D THANKS!!!

arion windrider 02-13-2003 03:42 PM

hi all again... hi harleyquinn [img]smile.gif[/img] hugs ya and [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img] ... hey cloudy ;) .. cloudy did u read the funny on your rant thread???

[ 02-13-2003, 03:47 PM: Message edited by: arion windrider ]

Horatio 02-13-2003 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Whoa, Sigmar, my significant other, Nachtrafe, is into cooking too. I'll have to show him this thread...of course he'll then get lost in your link and reading all the recipes! LOL :D THANKS!!!
Cloudy, you still haven't told me what 'Splurge' means! Is this some kind of American thing? Because here, to 'splurge' doesn't mean anything good :D

Cloudbringer 02-13-2003 03:55 PM

yup, read the joke there! :D

Horatio, it means to go all out- spend a bit more than you should or usually would for a special occasion.... like I might say, well, it's Nacht's birthday so I'll splurge and buy a really nice gift AND a cake..

Night Stalker 02-13-2003 03:58 PM

Horatio

Splurge means to spend extra on a treat, often on a whim ..... ie splurge for some desert, or all that bank breaking you plan on for tomorrow ;)

You are hinting at something that we refer to as .... well it looks and sounds almost like sponge.

Kaltia 02-13-2003 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by antryg:
How you doing Kaltia? Did you qualify for any British Olympic teams? I hear they are having the tryouts in PE classes. :D
Ha frikkin' ha...who wants to help me kill Antryg? [img]tongue.gif[/img] :D

Horatio 02-13-2003 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Night Stalker:
You are hinting at something that we refer to as .... well it looks and sounds almost like sponge.
I am? :eek: :D

And it rhymes wuth sponge? Can you expand on this point, for the benefit of those less informed? :D

arion windrider 02-13-2003 04:00 PM

well in response to valentines day, is have fun cuz i kno i wont :( , dont have anybody to call my girl...plus i have to work 3rds that night anyways... kinda sucks.... any takers for me spendin money on em ??? :D

[ 02-13-2003, 04:00 PM: Message edited by: arion windrider ]

Horatio 02-13-2003 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by arion windrider:
well in response to valentines day, is have fun cuz i kno i wont :( , dont have anybody to call my girl...plus i have to work 3rds that night anyways... kinda sucks.... any takers for me spendin money on em ??? :D
Hey, you can pay for my date anytime! :D