Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Forum rules (please read) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9289)

Kaltia 08-28-2002 04:01 PM

Dundee originally posted this but I can't find his thread to bump it.

Understandably, there are some situations in Baldur's Gate II where you might be stuck and frustred. Please, however, no matter how frustrated you are, please refrain from using foul language as this is a family forum and there may well be children here. If you really must swear, please at least make the effort to edit it-ie, f***ing.

If you stick with these rules the forum will be a cleaner place. Please remember to bump this thread ocasionally.

Evil Al 08-28-2002 04:24 PM

I partly agree. But I don't see the need to swear at all, even if it is edited people can still see what the word is. So, when I put it that way there's no point in editing it, so, its best if foul language is best left out all together.

Kaltia 08-28-2002 04:29 PM

Maybe, but when you've just seen your characters eaten whole by whoever, you can't really just say "poot" ;)

whacky 08-28-2002 04:34 PM

Good work Kaltia, keep it up! Yeah i dont like swearing ............. thats 'cause i prefer punching the stupid computer :D

Evil Al 08-28-2002 04:34 PM

Lol, I can. But maybe thats just me... Oh man its true... I am the real life Ned Flanders okilly, dokelly.

Kaltia 08-28-2002 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Evil Al:
Lol, I can. But maybe thats just me... Oh man its true... I am the real life Ned Flanders okilly, dokelly.
Now I am scared. Hi diddly hi! (I've heard him say that before...*shudder*)

TaSSaDaR 08-28-2002 11:27 PM

I fully agree with Kaltia. My suggestion is expresing the swear words with meaningless @#$% so that it even doesn't match the number of letters in the original word it encodes ;)

Kaltia 08-29-2002 10:26 AM

I have noticed despite this that some people still swear. I won't mention anyone by name, but they know who they are. Can they please stop swearing, or use the aforementioned methods to cover their language up?

Sazerac 08-29-2002 10:43 AM

While I don't have a problem with mild swearing, I know there are people here who do find it offensive. Please, dear forum members, try to refrain from swearing, or use something more creative to express frustration or displeasure (within forum limitations, of course!) ;) Swearing doesn't do too much good in the long run, as well as making one look like he or she is trying to round out a 25-word vocabulary. :D

Cheers,
-Sazerac

Kaltia 08-29-2002 10:48 AM

stick with the animations, please, or cover your swearing up. Thanks for making my little thread look more official, Sazaerac [img]smile.gif[/img]