Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Name a game that ticked you off (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95611)

Redblueflare 09-15-2002 02:07 AM

Name a game of any sort that started to make you mad after awhile. Mine would have to be checkers. I'm pretty good at checkers but i'm not match for my dad. Whenever I play him I always lose and the fact that he laughs in my face doesn't help the situation much. :rolleyes: I don't play that game to much anymore [img]tongue.gif[/img] .

Next would be Metal Gear Solid 2 on extreme mode. Olga kills you with 2 shots *sigh* (I beat her though) YAY!!! :D

Iron_Ranger 09-15-2002 02:16 AM

NWN, for obvious reason.

Next would be..Hmm, I dont know, theres not that many that piss me off realy.

Deathbringer 09-15-2002 10:37 AM

<font color="00cc99">Most sport games get me mad. Especially fifa 2002 (soccer game), when the worst teams play a lot better than the best teams and beat me! Or when they do inhuman things like score a goal from the half-way line, curving the ball around all my defenders and scoring in the top right or left corner of the net!!! - that gets me mad!</font>

Ronn_Bman 09-15-2002 01:52 PM

Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines

I just couldn't get into the interface.

philip 09-15-2002 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:
[QB]Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines

[QB]
Agree. There are some impossible missions (last 5 IIRC)

Lord Lothar 09-15-2002 02:59 PM

Medal Of Honor: Allied Assault. The third mission: You're on Omaha Beach and Germans are shooting you from pillboxes, I got killed in the first 2 minutes.
Edit: Typos...

[ 09-15-2002, 03:00 PM: Message edited by: Lord Lothar ]

Sorcerer Alex 09-16-2002 04:10 AM

Two-player Gran Turismo with my brother. He has failed his driving test in real life three times, so I think he feels he has to redeem himself by beating me in a silly Playstation simulation - just because I got mine first pop [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Merlin Al'Thor 09-16-2002 04:29 AM

Baldurs Gate, cause in some fights u are cramped in alleys and the monsters just rip u. And chess with my friend, cause he always win:p but i luv chess with my sis, cause i always win:p:P:P

Kormar the Wanderer 09-16-2002 04:32 AM

Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver... Got annoyed as all hell on the areas where you had to jump to a little tiny spot, then would slip off and have to start the area all over again...

Keraptisdm 09-16-2002 09:02 AM

Might & Magic 6 - The manual was no help, and the game stunk. Plus those UGLY people staring at you the whole time.
I don't care too much for Planescape Torment either.

Dreamer128 09-16-2002 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Keraptisdm:
*Sits back as an angry mob charges at Keraptisdm and sets fire to his house.

Paladin2000 09-16-2002 11:04 AM

I would say, Civilization III. It is a good game but as I was having so much fun, the stupid game ended because it has reached the year 20xx. Damn!

Calaethis Dragonsbane 09-16-2002 12:47 PM

NWNs... Dues Ex... (I wanted to stay with Unatco..), erm, BG2 TOB... ending... Viccy/Jaheria... too many.., MGS... (I wanted Fox's sword..) Oh, and I wanted an option to accept "dear brother" liquids offer [img]tongue.gif[/img] ... and I call myself NG... (A), there have been MANY games that have ticked me off... I've been spoiled with RPGs I guess, a good storyline, but with freedom of choice. thats what makes a good game.

Rimjaw 09-16-2002 01:31 PM

The Original Baldur's Gate....on a Pentium I 100 Mhz. Its amazing how I ever completed the damn thing. Firewine Dungeon stretched my sanity to the limits.

[ 09-16-2002, 01:31 PM: Message edited by: Rimjaw ]

Aelia Jusa 09-16-2002 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Redblueflare:
Mine would have to be checkers. I'm pretty good at checkers but i'm not match for my dad. Whenever I play him I always lose and the fact that he laughs in my face doesn't help the situation much. :rolleyes: I don't play that game to much anymore [img]tongue.gif[/img] .

I have the same problem playing chess with my brother. He usually ends up asking 'are you really trying? No really, what are you thinking over there with those moves!' I very occasionally beat him but he wins mostly which then results in him jeering and laughing at me and such ;)

Redblueflare 09-18-2002 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:

I have the same problem playing chess with my brother. He usually ends up asking 'are you really trying? No really, what are you thinking over there with those moves!' I very occasionally beat him but he wins mostly which then results in him jeering and laughing at me and such ;) [/QB]
I had a friend like that too. He was good at chess and would actually let you take all of his pieces until he had oh three left. Then he would come back and beat you. Didn't play him very much that's for sure. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Oh and I forgot one. Virtua Fighter 4. What's witb the cpu's second wind. You're whoopin them then all of a sudden they come back like crazy and beat you? Never happened in Tekken Tag. (Which I was much better at by the way)*sigh*

[ 09-18-2002, 12:45 AM: Message edited by: Redblueflare ]

Wilbur 09-18-2002 04:11 PM

Homeworld. Was difficult to move and all of the special crap around you started to bite really quickly. I mean, you get damaged wherever you go?

AinSage 09-19-2002 07:15 PM

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance for the PS2.
What horrible game that is. Really has nothing in common with the PC games except spells, monsters, locations, etc. names.
They just took that stuff and made you run around hacking and slashing alomost anything that got in your way. At one point to continue the game you had to join the Harpers. If you choose no you can't advance in the game. AHHH! What happened to the ability to choice who you wanted to help or not.
Can't believe my brother wasted $50 on that game, then again he is the idiot who doen't like the PC versions at all and thinks Diablo is the best game in the world.

Aelia Jusa 09-19-2002 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Redblueflare:
I had a friend like that too. He was good at chess and would actually let you take all of his pieces until he had oh three left. Then he would come back and beat you. Didn't play him very much that's for sure. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

LOL that's like my brother! I'm great at middle game but I suck bad at end-game; I always end up with lots of his pieces then I can't make the killing strike, and he gets back in. Sometimes he offers to start without his queen lol. Patronising bugger :D

Darkman 09-25-2002 03:10 AM

I'd have to say Mortal Combat and basketball because those are two games that everyone seems to be good at except for me. Seriously, I never win at either of them :(

johnny 09-25-2002 10:22 AM

Medal of honor, without a doubt. The fights in the Bocage kicked ass. :D

Keraptisdm 09-25-2002 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dreamer128:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Keraptisdm:

*Sits back as an angry mob charges at Keraptisdm and sets fire to his house.</font>[/QUOTE]Can I get my wife, son and dog out of the house first? LOL
I must amend my comment somewhat by adding that I am not very far in the game (trolling around in the hive for the first time). I will keep playing, when the mood strikes me, and may change my mind once further along. Can you call off the angry mob now?

Johnny's favorite game is spin the bottle with the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders. [img]graemlins/showoff.gif[/img]

Ronn_Bman 09-25-2002 01:31 PM

N64's Golden eye (?)

To access the final two bonus levels you had to finish all previous levels on the hardest difficulty setting. I finished all 18 or so levels on the hardest setting, but the final level (a timed run and gun) I just couldn't get. So after a couple of weeks of playing and a couple more of trying to finish, I finally filed it away :(

Kormar the Wanderer 09-26-2002 02:02 AM

OK, new answer... Shenmue! As great as the game is and as much as it covers I'm annoyed as all hell that they cancelled production of Dreamcast games and now the follow-up isn't for sale...

pritchke 09-26-2002 03:56 PM

Family Business really ticked me off once. [img]graemlins/1pissed.gif[/img] I was completely open so everyone started putting my mobsters on the wall. To show my disapproval I used an Ambush to kill all my guys on the well. Just so the other players would not get the satisfation of doing it

GokuZool 10-03-2002 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Paladin2000:
I would say, Civilization III. It is a good game but as I was having so much fun, the stupid game ended because it has reached the year 20xx. Damn!
I hate that! It's such an addictive game..and then it just stops!

Mouse 10-03-2002 05:11 PM

If anyone ever come near you with a game called "Nightstone" run like the wind in the opposite direction. If they have actually been stupid to spend money on what is without doubt the worst attempt at at game I have seen in several years, then they are obviously unstable and not to be trusted [img]graemlins/crazyeyes.gif[/img]

Er........except if they are Scottish.......*mumble*...... [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

johnny 10-03-2002 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mouse:
If anyone ever come near you with a game called "Nightstone" run like the wind in the opposite direction. If they have actually been stupid to spend money on what is without doubt the worst attempt at at game I have seen in several years, then they are obviously unstable and not to be trusted [img]graemlins/crazyeyes.gif[/img]

Er........except if they are Scottish.......*mumble*...... [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

I know what you mean Mouse, i errr.... actually have that game, and played it too. Good thing i didn't pay any money for it though cause it stinks indeed. They wrote in some magazine that it's a shameless Diablo rip off, but i guess i wouldn't know since i never played that game. I bet you thought it was going to be something like Darkstone, didn't you ? :D If it was only half that good....

True_Moose 10-03-2002 11:10 PM

The very end of BG2. I've never lost that battle.

Warhammer 10-04-2002 08:15 AM

Civ 3 when I lost a veteran Tank to a friggin' PIKEMAN. I unistalled the game and "lost" the CD.

I mean destroying a Top notch Modern Russian tank with bloody wooden sticks,...

johnny 10-07-2002 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Warhammer:
Civ 3 when I lost a veteran Tank to a friggin' PIKEMAN. I unistalled the game and "lost" the CD.

I mean destroying a Top notch Modern Russian tank with bloody wooden sticks,...

LOL Maybe it was a pikeman +5 against Russian tanks. :D

Grojlach 10-07-2002 01:59 PM

The free dungeon for IWD, Trials of the Luremaster. Luckily it was free, as for the rest it was the most boring use of the Infinity Engine I've ever seen. For the first time ever I activated the cheatcodes because I got tired of slashing through the same characters over and over and had to walk several times back to certain points; if you're looking for something enervating, ignore this dungeon at all costs.

The Trickster 10-09-2002 07:35 AM

Diablo 2 is most definitely the game that pissed me off the most. After hearing so much about it, I thought I would love it, and bought it and the expansion. After 10 minutes I knew it sucked big time. Walk up to monster (click left mouse button repeatedly).....walk up to next monster (click left mouse button repeatedly)...until there are no more monsters left. My hand actually got really sore after a couple of hours of clicking madly. The story is pathetic as well.

I decided that since I spent so much money on it, I was going to finish it. It took me a week and a bit to finish both the game, and the expansion, and I didn't enjoy it a single bit.

KAR_MOD1 10-09-2002 08:33 AM

Dungeon Siege multiplayer, having built up a lvl 50 charc w/ good stats and equip, i go into this server in die in 1 hit, they used hacks and camp the spawn. SO I LOST EVERYTHING. I re-acquired good equipment and even better stats, but got bored of hacking and slashing the same levels over and over again. Havent played it since...

Paladin2000 10-09-2002 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by GokuZool:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Paladin2000:

I hate that! It's such an addictive game..and then it just stops!</font>[/QUOTE]Yeah, tell me about that. Sid Meier is a friggin nut to let Firaxis screw up the franchise like that.

Lharae 10-12-2002 11:44 PM

NWN. This game is wearing thin on me very quickly. Overhyped, and at best an average game. The online dungeon master concept is good, but there's too many bugs. The single player game is very weak, especially when compared to BG2. Thin plot and the characters lack any kind of depth. Maybe they'll get it right with NWN2. Or maybe not.

Any game of Magic: The Gathering with my friends. Our games are positively brutal. They usually always involve at least three, and sometimes up to six, people. Politics and retribution are the order of the day. And one guy always wins because everyone else is so (rightfully) afraid his retaliatory strikes. He once nailed somebody (not me thankfully) for 130 points of damage in one turn.

Oh yeah, and MUDs. Some of the most childish, innane, sociopathic people I've ever met were encountered while I was MUDding. Usually they were the ones running the things.

[ 10-12-2002, 11:53 PM: Message edited by: Lharae ]

Morgeruat 10-23-2002 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Kormar the Wanderer:
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver... Got annoyed as all hell on the areas where you had to jump to a little tiny spot, then would slip off and have to start the area all over again...
that's my main complaint with Castlevania 64 I hate that game...

and as for Torment, I really disliked it till I got out of the Hive, tehn teh game really picked up.

johnny 10-24-2002 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by philip:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:

[QB]

Agree. There are some impossible missions (last 5 IIRC)</font>[/QUOTE]Impossible ??? I thought it was a bit too easy. I've played commando's behind enemy lines, beyond the call of duty, and commando's 2 and i finished them all in less than 48 hours.

GokuZool 10-25-2002 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by johnny:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by philip:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:

[QB]

Agree. There are some impossible missions (last 5 IIRC)</font>[/QUOTE]Impossible ??? I thought it was a bit too easy. I've played commando's behind enemy lines, beyond the call of duty, and commando's 2 and i finished them all in less than 48 hours.</font>[/QUOTE]Whoa, Johnny, you must be a physco [img]tongue.gif[/img] ;)

I hate when I slip off a ledge! Then you have to repeat the cycle again and keep on jumping and jumping....

the new JR Jansen 10-25-2002 08:55 AM

Fallout tactics. Damn do i hate this game (and the fan boys who want to turn the Fallout RPG's in to another Fallout tactics).