Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   I admit defeat. Darn it. (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7873)

Arnabas 05-26-2002 04:15 PM

I played SoA when it first came out and romanced Jaheira. I thought I had done everything ok, but when I continued to ToB, I realized that the romance had ended without my knowing. I went back and started over and was very careful. Unfortunately, it has stalled again. If I use any editors, or whatever, it shows the romance as active, but nothing is happening. I downloaded a walkthrough and I have done everythin it says to do, but nothing is happening. I was told to rest a few times and let two game days pass (advice from the walkthrough for the part I'm at). I let 15 game days pass. Nothing. I was told to pause the game and let a couple of hours pass. I paused it, went to work, came home and watched TV for a while (all in all about 12 hours) and nothing has happened. Last time I tried, I got frustrated enough that my character drew his sword and killed Jaheira. Obviously, that doesn't put her in a romantic mood...
So, I admit defeat. I will not continue playing without the ability to finish the romance sub-plot and since it seems to be permanently stalled, I will not play anymore. It is too bad, because I wanted to play ToB. Now I can't. Oh well. I am just too fed up to be bothered with this f--king game anymore. I want to smash it to pices and then spit on those pieces. Then set them on fire.
I hope you're happy, Jaheira.

Xero279 05-26-2002 04:22 PM

NO! DONT GET DISCOURAGED! I WON'T LET YOU QUIT!! dont worry about Jaheira, she does that to every guy. why do you think khalid is dead.. i dont think Irenicus killed him.. i think he got himself after spending so much time with Jaheira :( so dont quit, give it another try. dont even have her in your party if you want. if you wanna give romancing another time try aerie or someone else. just dotn quit cuz Jaheira can be an ass

Helspanth 05-26-2002 04:22 PM

The Jaheira effect! :D
I am sorry I couldn't help you with that problem arnabas.
I know your frustration.
I restarted 3 times to get the romance straight.

andrewas 05-26-2002 04:24 PM

OK, calm down this can be fixed. First up what patches have you installed - the Jaheria romance does *not* work properly without the latest ToB patch *and* the patch from baldurdash.

Second up some parts of the romance require you to rest outside, sounds painfuly obvious but it comes up here time and again.

Third - if all else fails, use ShadowKeeper or the CLUAConsole to increment the JAHERIALOVETALK variable by one - this will bypass the section of the script that is causing the bug. Depending on which section your stuck on you may or may not miss something like this, but its better than smashing up BG2.

Rimjaw 05-26-2002 04:25 PM

The slowness of it all was my main gripe with th Jaheira romance. If you have a previously saved game you can use these codes to speed up the time between romance dialogues (instantly)
CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("JAHEIRAROMANCE","GLOBAL","1 ")

Arnabas 05-26-2002 04:28 PM

After spending so much time on her, why did I feel such a strange satisfaction watching her "explode" under my character's blades? [img]graemlins/verysad.gif[/img]
Goodbye, Jaheira... [img]graemlins/blownup.gif[/img]
Hello Aerie?... [img]graemlins/lovestory.gif[/img]
Sigh
EDIT>>>>
Ok, some of you responded while I was writing. I don't have any patches. I understood (incorrectly, it seems) that ToB solved all the problems. I have tried increasing the LT value (thanks again to Helspanth, who gave so much advice without becoming frustrated with me... I owe you one. [img]graemlins/cheers.gif[/img] )
What patches do I need? Where do I get them? Most importantly, do I have to start over (I refuse) or will they allow me to continue from where I am?

[ 05-26-2002, 04:37 PM: Message edited by: Arnabas ]

andrewas 05-26-2002 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Arnabas:
After spending so much time on her, why did I feel such a starnge satisfaction watching her "explode" under my character's blades? [img]graemlins/verysad.gif[/img]
Goodbye, Jaheira... [img]graemlins/blownup.gif[/img]
Hello Aerie?... [img]graemlins/lovestory.gif[/img]
Sigh

Youll probably need to restart the aerie romance by hand, so set AERIEROMANCEACTIVE to 2. CLUAConsole again. Im not sure if thats the exact variable name though.

Charean 05-26-2002 04:33 PM

I am sorry you went through that... I have had similar problems. The thing with Jahiera is a little buggy... make sure you have the latest patches installed. And definately let Black Isle know... hopefully it is something they will look into.

Arnabas 05-26-2002 04:36 PM

Please note, I edited above

Helspanth 05-26-2002 04:38 PM

If you had the ToB patch things might have been easier Arnabas!
Ah well, the next time perhaps!
As for Aerie...it's your game.If you like a person who keeps crying all the time I can't say a thing.
EDIT:I forgot.
If you install the patch now and have as save at LT 55 the problem is most likely solved.If not...

[ 05-26-2002, 04:40 PM: Message edited by: Helspanth ]