Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   I became evil,how can I become Good again>? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19256)

Legolas The Magnificent 07-16-2002 08:14 AM

I started BG2 with a neutral good character but when I reached TOB I suddenly became Neutral Evil. How can I change my allignment?

Rimjaw 07-16-2002 08:26 AM

Download Shadowkeeper. By the way, I think you may have gotten your alignment changed back in BG2 (The Bhaals Tear tests).

Dundee Slaytern 07-16-2002 09:14 AM

You sow what you reap. ;)

I suspect the Nine Hells test factor too.

Kaltia 07-16-2002 09:27 AM

yeah, you need shadow keeper. Even if you get more reputation, it won't reverse your alignment change OR (if you played as one of these) give you back your ranger/paladin status. And the tears of Bhaal is the best way to change alignment, no mention is made of it. Did you try to: (SPOILER)

keep blackrazor, give in to the slayer, accept the cloak, kill the dragon, or sacrifice your companion?

SecretMaster 07-17-2002 02:26 AM

Its probably cuz in SoA, you took the cheap way, taking the good way is very risky.

Legolas The Magnificent 07-17-2002 05:26 AM

when I reached the nine hells I choosed the right path not the easy evil path. Is there any other way of getting neutal again without using the shadow keeper?

Kaltia 07-17-2002 06:27 AM

Are you sure? i seriuosly doubt you can just suddenly "loose" your alignment without warning unless you took the evil path. SPOILER
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
Did you kill the dragon? It isn't easy and so people sometimes assume that's the "right" path..it isn't, it means you gave into the demon. Or if you told Sarevok you'd give into the Slayer that changes your alignment but the biggest factor is whether you sacrificed your companion. Did you lose HP, XP, and a dexterity point?

Illumina Drathiran'ar 07-17-2002 03:39 PM

Wow, I had no idea that your actions in the Hells had any impact on your alignment.. I suspected that they did SOMETHING, and now I know.. Very useful to know, thank you all (Even though this isn't my post)

deverece 07-18-2002 09:52 PM

The alignment shift also happens if you use the anger dialog path for fighting Sarevok. Its hard not to take the evil option in this test because of the big attribute boost you get.

the great glockorando 07-19-2002 09:07 AM

I just realized the same thing, and Keldorn lost paladin status.
I took the cloak, but did not give into Sarevok or kill the dragon.

But I did take the blackrazor (regenerating quality for Iomen was to valuable to give up), and I sacrficed Minsc, b/c my "journal" seemed to think that was the best path to take. Then I just brought him back to life and I thought everything was cool.

I don't feel like doing all of this over again, so If I'm the only evil one in my party - will this screw me up? I take it I can't get Keldorn back to a paladin, either.

Whats this shadowkeeper and how does it work? thanks!