Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Long forgotten kits...[sob] (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58846)

Kingenigma 11-11-2001 04:20 AM

wizardslayers, beastmasters, jesters, Diviners, Enchanters, invokers, abjurors, transmutors, clerics of lathander. HAve a moment of lament for these kits, eh?

Memnoch 11-11-2001 04:27 AM

Wizardslayers are significantly beefed up in ToB. At the top levels they can get up to 85% MR. I also think that jester is one of the most underrated classes - if you are looking for a different gaming experience from the usual powergaming classes, it's a great challenge. You may have to play second fiddle ;) to some of your team members, but it's great fun.

Sir Exxon 11-11-2001 04:55 AM

Ohh, Memnoch!
4800 posts! You are closing 5000, man!

250 11-11-2001 05:08 AM

the wizards are not significantly different from each other, so it really ends up choosing between Conjunor and Necro and Illusionist

Beastmaster is fun if not awesome, if you haven't played one, I recommand you do so, especially if you run a RP game with your friends, a lot of roleplaying potential [img]smile.gif[/img]

Memnoch alreayd told you about Jesters

if you really want a challenge, play archer dual to cleric, buahahaha... :D

Zateel 11-11-2001 05:24 AM

I like invokers. Since I'm usually fireballing/ lightning bolting my way through most of the game anyway- it works well for me. I rarely use any of my high level spells except breach. I didn't say that I never had to reload...

250 11-11-2001 05:38 AM

Zateel, it is cool

I like specialized mages, I really mean SPECIALIZED
my mage only memorize a very few dmging spells, and nothing else. once I start combat, I just start blasting with those.

of course, there are times my mage's power wont fit the situation, well, just have to live with it :D

SSJ4Sephiroth 11-11-2001 06:31 AM

actually, my Wizard Slayer owned all the first time i sent him through the game. i hadnt fixed the potions with ToB yet, so i had to rely on clerics, and he still ruled! as long as i get a good team/equipment, i can do anything with anyone...

Yorick 11-11-2001 07:11 AM

I've played a Jester, a Beastmaster, Enchanter and Lathanderite Cleric.

I'd agree with Memnoch and Leo (DW). Very cool from a roleplaying aspect.

Never played Wizard Slayer for long though. I'll have to give it a go.

The last class I played after a board member posted something like this was a Totemic Druid. Memnoch said he might try one, so I did. Great at low levels. Very helpful those Spririt animals.

Mem, how did you find out about the ToB beefing up? The kit description looked the same.

I'll look again.

Mind you, I got my Monk up to 92% magic resistance in ToB and was nowhere near level 40 or whatever the rumored cap is.

A Monk together with a Druid (insect plague etc) are great Wizard Slayers. :D

How would this party be?

1. Undead Hunter
2. Wizard Slayer
3. Cavalier
4. Archer
5. Assassin
6. Totemic Druid.

No mage, but would you need one? I reckon it would kick some butt. Give the Archer plenty of Arrows of Dispelling, and you're set.

Euronymous 11-11-2001 07:20 AM

Why do you need 4 fighters? and Mages are a must, Like i said Ive completed solo mage SoA and ToB.......

Rikard_OHF 11-11-2001 07:20 AM

I finished the Game with Beastmaster
and it's not a weak kit
The only problem is the benifits just don;t weigh up to the restrictions
But it's a Great Roll-playing kit [img]smile.gif[/img]