Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   NO DM Client for NWN2? (There goes NWN2) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37065)

Ziroc 05-12-2006 08:15 AM

You ALL need to get your ass over to Biowares NWN2 forum (Obsidian) and let them KNOW you want it (if you want it) [img]smile.gif[/img]

I am SO PISSED OFF. First, no mounts. Second, no Portraits. NOW FOLKS, NO DM CLIENT!!

Whats next, no damn MONSTERS? And not to mention their GUI looks like a child drew it. God, NWN2 is looking more and more like shit. Obsidian is going to kill this. Don't developers GET IT anymore? Its like they WANT to fail.

Sorry for the bloody rant, but god, what the hell...

Just a heads up. If NWN2 doesn't have a DM client, do not expect ANY Support here for it. No forum for it, nothing. I will have nothing to do with it.

I will simply continue to release new content for NWN1, and my Mod, Escape from Undermountain. NWN2 will die, and NWN1 will keep on growing.

T-D-C 05-12-2006 08:30 AM

Once again it comes down to Obsidian pushing a half finished game to be realsed to early.

Im betting that not only will their be no DM client but the tooset will be buggy as all hell same with the game.

KOTOR2 Any one ? Another game that Obsidian pushed to early with major bugs.

I would have much preferred both titles to remain with Bioware as the developers.

I still havn't bought KOTOR2 due to all the bugs in the game. Can anyone confirm if they have been fixed yet ?

What is it with game developers these days pushing games out half finished?????

Its like they have a mentality that its ok if its not finished we can patch it later, people will still buy it.

I for one will always wait to buy a game until I know the bugs are fixed.

[ 05-12-2006, 08:32 AM: Message edited by: T-D-C ]

Ziroc 05-12-2006 09:16 AM

Yeh, I know.. the industry thinks we are now the beta testers..

I saw red flags when they wouldn't release any screenshots or other media. No demo coming either. (Signs they KNOW it sucks). I was thinking the same this morning--god how I wish Bioware was doing NWN2. They wouldn't do this type of thing.. They POLISH their games.

Warning signs are:

When an interviewer asks a question, and the game maker says "We really can't talk about that right now" or is dodging the answer usually means bad news.

No screenshots or media--or if there is, its scarce. BAD sign.

Developer recants on features they stated were in the game. VERY bad news

I asked them to delay it till Spring 2007 if they have to, to get it RIGHT. (Get it right. is that too much to ask? :D )

robertthebard 05-12-2006 09:29 AM

The DM client was what my builder friend and I were really planning on. He doesn't play much, anymore, too busy building, as I'm sure you can relate to Z. If it's going to be this trashed coming out, might as well not release it at all. I'm really not looking for a single player game.

Ziroc 05-12-2006 09:44 AM

Yeah, I could care less about Single player content. Hell, I never played any of the NWN, SOU or HoTU content.

I am a creator. I love making thingies.. :D

robertthebard 05-12-2006 09:56 AM

I just left a scathing little post over there. I'm serious too, I won't buy the game if it doesn't have the dm client on it, and I'll take the better part of 70 members of my guild at Bioware with me. They'd be wanting to see what my friend Tann has done, but w/out a dm client, he won't be doing anything. Choc has quite a few followers as well.

Stratos 05-12-2006 11:10 AM

According to one Patrick K. Mills at Obsidian, they do plan to release a DM client, it just wont be shipped with the game.

Quote:

The Sony rep was quoting me, I think, and neither he nor I misspoke. The DM Client will very likely not ship with the game. There just isn't enough time to finish, test, and polish it before launch and we don't want to ship something that sucks.

We do have plans to release one, but I don't know when it will be available.
[ 05-12-2006, 11:13 AM: Message edited by: Stratos ]

robertthebard 05-12-2006 11:16 AM

Yeah, I read that, the problem is, shipping a NWN's based title w/out the DM Client sucks.

Ziroc 05-12-2006 12:17 PM

Yeh. 1/3 of the game, MISSING.

I hope they just delay till Spring 2007. Get it right.. (Hope Atari can stay in business that long).

SpiritWarrior 05-12-2006 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Stratos:
According to one Patrick K. Mills at Obsidian, they do plan to release a DM client, it just wont be shipped with the game.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />The Sony rep was quoting me, I think, and neither he nor I misspoke. The DM Client will very likely not ship with the game. There just isn't enough time to finish, test, and polish it before launch and we don't want to ship something that sucks.

We do have plans to release one, but I don't know when it will be available.

</font>[/QUOTE]Oh god not this trend again. We can then assume the DM client is in no way even 'started' yet and will be half what the NWN 1 client is. Oh well I had looked forward to this game.