Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Half-life 2 sucks (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92046)

Sigmar 10-26-2004 09:32 AM

[img]tongue.gif[/img]

"10/10"-Edge Magazine
"10/10"-Games Tm
"96%"- PC Gamer
"96%"-PC Format
IT WILL R0XX0R YOUR S0XX0RS!-Random person on the street
"JUST PLUG IT INTO MY VEINS!"-Sigmar

THE MESSIAH IS HERE!

[img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]

*carries stereo out into the street and starts dancing in celebration*

[img]graemlins/cheers.gif[/img]

[ 10-26-2004, 09:34 AM: Message edited by: Sigmar ]

Ilander 10-26-2004 09:41 AM

Ooooookay....so I'm not understanding at all...you claim it sucks, and then preach in favor of it...I'm so confused...

Sigmar 10-26-2004 09:43 AM

Hence the [img]tongue.gif[/img] old boy, I was joking, can't be that confusing! :D

This game is perfection :D The greatest game that will, or has ever existed!

...until the third installment... :D

Ilander 10-26-2004 09:51 AM

Ah, the ins and outs of smileys...sometimes I get them, other times I jump off of bridges for fun and end up hurting my ankles on bedrock...but I digress...

Hivetyrant 10-26-2004 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sigmar:
I do hope so, but we will see, they said the same thing about DOom 3and although it was good, it was still lacking a few things... [img]graemlins/hidesbehindsofa.gif[/img]

Gangrell 10-26-2004 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sigmar:
That can be greatly argued, especially by me of all people [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Ziroc 10-26-2004 01:23 PM

Another shooter, another day. yey. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Thoran 10-26-2004 01:32 PM

I'll reserve the perfection judgement until the 16th.

But I have no doubt that the game is going to be the best of the year by a wide margin.

Doom 3 got GOOD press, but nothing like HL2 is getting, the only people that were hyping D3 as the best of all time were the ID guys. [img]smile.gif[/img] D3 was pretty much what I expected, a retro game built with mind blowing state of the art graphics. I expect the D3 engine will only truly show it's quality when it gets licensed, then stretched and prodded by some hot new game house.

The only HL2 experience I have to go on is Counterstrike:Source, and if that is any indication of the overall quality of the game then it will be a VERY well made game. CS:S has exhibited no problems, good graphics, good multplayer support. With 24 people playing simultaneously the game is smooth as silk, graphics sharp, not a bug to be found anywhere.

I guess there's also the HL2 trailers that are out there...they show a game that has an arguably revolutionary level of interaction.

Attalus 10-26-2004 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Gangrell:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sigmar:

That can be greatly argued, especially by me of all people [img]tongue.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE]Me, too. BGII is the greatest game that ever was or will be.

Xen 10-26-2004 02:30 PM

BG for me too. But I still hold opinion that HL2 won't be just another shooter, becuase of the realistic physics.