Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wizards & Warriors Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Samurai gets to Lvl5 Thieves guild Ishad N'Ha??? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32806)

Robalex 07-21-2004 04:06 PM

Just noticed my Samurai Whiskah got a 2nd credit WITH THE PATCH for the Band pf Boars when he switched roles to Ninja. The guy in the thieves guild came on with the " someone else got the ring " dialogue & gave him a promotion EVEN though he had already been promoted to Lvl 4 for it. Strange!! I tried to reenter the place with others in the lead as my whiskah had been but the glitch didn't work. I will see what happens when I change him to another role but wonder why this only happened to him & not all the other characters??

bsftcs 07-21-2004 05:59 PM

I have heard of the Band of Boars quest's having the same bug as for example the Jathil quest. But I have never heard that it should only work sometimes. Neither have I heard that it should be related to roles. I cannot remember whether the patch was supposed to fix those bugs.

Bungleau 07-21-2004 08:42 PM

That has happened to me as well. It appears to happen only to the character who brings back the Band of Boars - IOW, the only one who hasn't heard the "Someone else got the ring" speech. No one else gets to double dip :(

I don't know if a role change is required. It seems to me that it happens the next time that character walks into a pawn shop.

Robalex 07-22-2004 02:25 AM

Yeah Bungleau my Whiskah WAS the one who brought the Band of Boars in to the Pawn shop. Seeing as I DO have the patch maybe this BONUS Lvl glitch could be added to the best TIPS eg when your character who brings back the Band of Boars he/she will get an extra promotion which he can exploit if he is a Bard etc & needs Lvl 5 in Thieves Guild to get Iron Lung

Radek 07-22-2004 03:36 AM

It's an evident bug, not a bonus [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] I am playing solo and my characters always gets both credits and reaches level 5 in the Pawn Shop. No role change is required. Pass the Band, get the credit, leave the guild, and enter it again. You will be given another credit.
You can get only two credits. The bug differs form the Jathil (Grue Morde, Stone of Clover... Have I forgot something? [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] ) bug.

Bungleau 07-22-2004 09:13 AM

You forgot the Sebastio powerful staff bug, Radek :D

I didn't think Grue Morde gave you multiple credits, though...

Radek 07-22-2004 09:32 AM

He does, Bungleau. 2500 XP plus 2500 gold infinitely many times. Both in Ishad N'Ha and in Brimloch Roon. At least, in the unpatched game.
And you are right, I have forgot Sebastio [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Bungleau 07-22-2004 10:30 AM

Hmmm... well, he doesn't do that in the patched game, lemme tell ya. I may have to go update that post in Best Tips... :D

*edit* Sonofagun! It was already in there. Guess it shows how long it's been since I played unpatched... [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

[ 07-22-2004, 10:36 AM: Message edited by: Bungleau ]