Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   My Xbox is retarded (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91470)

Lady Blue03 09-01-2004 01:50 PM

<font color=pink>Seriously! My friend gave it to me because he bought a new one. The problem I guess is the DVD reader or something...I put the disc in (*brand new discs*) and half the time it loads, and the other half it say "cannot read the disc"...OR I'll be waiting to load an area in KotOR and it stops half way and says "there is a problem with your disc, it may be damaged or dirty" GRRR! I just spent the last 20min trying to restart it, but it won't read the disc, and when it does, it craps out when I'm loading my saved game.

Now...are there people that fix this stuff...or should I beat this one with a bat and go buy a new one?</font>

Dron_Cah 09-01-2004 02:01 PM

the bat does sound fun! I dunno, maybe a radioshack?

Grojlach 09-01-2004 02:20 PM

Well, at least you found out why your friend decided to buy a new one, and was so eager to part with the old one...

[ 09-01-2004, 02:21 PM: Message edited by: Grojlach ]

RoSs_bg2_rox 09-01-2004 02:20 PM

I think you should get a disc cleaner. If you don't already have one then buy one from a store, they are cheap and will solve your problem.

sageridder 09-01-2004 02:41 PM

If cleaning dosn't get it for you here is the customer support # 1-800-4MY-XBOX . There is a trick that works for ps2 that might work for xbox,take two peices of scotch tape about an inch long each place them on the painted side of the disc like an = with the hole in the disc between them do not have tape touching the hole or the edges of the cd.Don't know if it works on xbox.You might also try a cd lens cleaning disc, might just have crud on it.

Ilander 09-01-2004 03:09 PM

I'm with sageridder on this one...my gamecube does that on occaision, too...but they don't make a cleaner disc for it :(

Oh, and just curious, can you open an XBOX up with a normal screwdriver, or do you need something propreitary?

Felix The Assassin 09-01-2004 03:17 PM

Your Xbox is brought to you from those wonderful folks in Redmond, WA. You know, the same folks that provide you with Windows.

Use the [img]graemlins/fighting.gif[/img] you'll feel better afterwards.

Lady Blue03 09-01-2004 03:23 PM

<font color=pink>Hmm...lens cleaning disc might work. They probably sell them at local gaming stores right? I get all my gear and such at Gamestop.

Ilander, I dunno if you can bust an xbox open with a screw driver. Let me check
-well I didn't see any screws, so I'm guessing no, there must be a special tool.</font>

Har'oloth 09-01-2004 03:38 PM

its an evil machine build by bill gates!
so its no miracle there are no screws!
Hammertime!!!! :D

Lady Blue03 09-01-2004 03:40 PM

<font color=pink>But then I won't be able to play KotOR :( </font>