Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Aww crap! (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80888)

Melusine 08-26-2002 02:26 PM

ROFL... this is so stupid!
I recently bumped a VERY old thread that I started, "To Get To Know Each Other". Thought it would be nice for newbies and everybody who missed it the first time.
Now back in those days I was on a dial-up modem and usually only online in the weekends. So when I started a thread, I had it send any replies to my hotmail address (back in those days we had a lot less members, and threads took off more slowly and got fewer replies). LOL, you wouldn't think it'd actually still work, but oh yes: suddenly I had about 16 message notifications in my inbox that there were new replies to my age old thread.
*stares at ground, flushes....* I haven't got a CLUE how to turn this option off. Help! :D :D [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]

[ 08-26-2002, 02:27 PM: Message edited by: Melusine ]

Dramnek_Ulk 08-26-2002 02:34 PM

Stupidity Is God's WAy of telling us to pop a few more priests on the Fire.

But in essence Try turning off “Be notified by email when someone sends you a private message?” perhaps?

Neb 08-26-2002 02:37 PM

Might I suggest editing the first post in the thread? Usually you can turn off such things as sigs by editing, so perhaps notification as well?

Lord Shield 08-26-2002 02:37 PM

lol!!! hmmm - i never used that function I'm afraid so don't know

Melusine 08-26-2002 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Neb:
Might I suggest editing the first post in the thread? Usually you can turn off such things as sigs by editing, so perhaps notification as well?
Thanks, at least that was more helpful than Dramnek's reply ;) [img]tongue.gif[/img]

(Dramnek, I *would* like to get notified in email if I get a PM - so turning it off is not really an option, nor do I think it will solve the problem [img]smile.gif[/img] Thanks anyway, also for the inspiring quotation [img]tongue.gif[/img] :D )

Melusine 08-26-2002 02:47 PM

Thanks Neb, I think that did the trick! [img]smile.gif[/img]

johnny 08-26-2002 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Melusine:
Thanks Neb, I think that did the trick! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Mel, what are you doing ? One moment i can see your sig, the next i don't ??? :D

Melusine 08-26-2002 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by johnny:
Mel, what are you doing ? One moment i can see your sig, the next i don't ??? :D
I'm saving space, Johnnyboy ;)
What's so important about seeing my sig anyway? [img]graemlins/showoff.gif[/img] ;)

Neb 08-26-2002 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Melusine:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by johnny:

I'm saving space, Johnnyboy ;)
What's so important about seeing my sig anyway? [img]graemlins/showoff.gif[/img] ;)
</font>[/QUOTE]Do we REALLY want to hear Johnny's answer to that? ;)

Lord Shield 08-26-2002 02:55 PM

wasn't one of the demands in one of the IW takeover/invasions to have a poster-sized version of Mel's sig? ;) (or maybe a poster-sized pic of Mel herself ;) )