Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   oblivion beta patch released (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64188)

vesselle 05-03-2006 01:36 PM

http://www.elderscrolls.com/download...atchnotes5.htm

read it first. there are reports of problems with it.

V***V

SpiritWarrior 05-03-2006 02:55 PM

Many will be dissapointed with this. Alot of valid technical issues don't seem to have been addressed. The Dx problem and memory leaks for example.

TheCrimsomBlade 05-03-2006 04:34 PM

I'll wait for the release of the full patch. I hate the fact that you may have to remove the Beta patch
to put in the full patch. Since I don't have many problems other than a small memory leak once in a
while I can live with out the Beta. But thanks for the heads up on the Beta Patch vesselle!! TCB :D

[ 05-03-2006, 04:34 PM: Message edited by: TheCrimsomBlade ]

Seraph 05-03-2006 05:39 PM

On the plus side: The patch seems to reduced the tendency of my game to crash.

On the down side: My colored map no longer works.

Kakero 05-03-2006 09:18 PM

Now why would Bethesda want to release a beta patch? Can't they just release the full patch?

Hivetyrant 05-04-2006 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Kakero:
Now why would Bethesda want to release a beta patch? Can't they just release the full patch?
They do this so that they can work out all the bugs that will be caused by the patch and then fix them so the full release won't be so hard on teh average joe user who doesnt know how to cope with the problems that the beta might cause.

Kakero 05-04-2006 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Hivetyrant:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Kakero:

They do this so that they can work out all the bugs that will be caused by the patch and then fix them so the full release won't be so hard on teh average joe user who doesnt know how to cope with the problems that the beta might cause. </font>[/QUOTE]And then they'll need another patch to patch up the problem that was created by the patch. :rolleyes:

Seriously, can't they use something like Oblivion Patch v1.01, v1.02, v1.03 etc etc? To me it sounds nicer than a beta patch.

Hivetyrant 05-04-2006 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Kakero:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Hivetyrant:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Kakero:

They do this so that they can work out all the bugs that will be caused by the patch and then fix them so the full release won't be so hard on teh average joe user who doesnt know how to cope with the problems that the beta might cause. </font>[/QUOTE]And then they'll need another patch to patch up the problem that was created by the patch. :rolleyes:

Seriously, can't they use something like Oblivion Patch v1.01, v1.02, v1.03 etc etc? To me it sounds nicer than a beta patch.
</font>[/QUOTE]Basically, they are not legally binded to support users of a "beta" anything, and the same goes for all "beta/alpha" software (the reason why companies like Google/yahoo/microsoft etc. use them for so long)

Zaleukos 05-12-2006 10:30 AM

I think they also want to release a patch that is as polished as possible for the X-box, as the download is quite huge.

Sever 05-13-2006 12:59 AM

Bah! Did i fall asleep and wake up in a world where the pc users are the guinea pigs for console users?

The closer pc and console become, the greater the rift between the two factions. They are seperate entities and should be treated as such.