Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Installing Cheats=1 Help (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22320)

Roggarwat 12-14-2001 01:23 PM

Have modified Icewind.ini by adding Cheats=1 to the Game Options section and have pressed control and tab during the game but no console appears, in fact nothing happens? Where do I go from here?
Thanks!

Ronn_Bman 12-15-2001 03:20 PM

Are you sure you put the cheats=1 under the Game Options section of the .ini file?

Can someone help please?

J'aran 12-16-2001 07:48 AM

Do you have the latest patch installed? If you have a non-patched game you can't use the cheats even if you did modify the .ini-file correctly.

markthemark 01-07-2002 07:09 PM

OK, I got Ice Wind Dale for xmas, installed patch 1.06. But there is no file icewind.ini! (Windows ME)
Makes it tough to modify......
any thoughts....

Durwyn 01-07-2002 08:41 PM

Hmmm, I never used the thing before. Perhaps one of you can explain exactly what it is?

But I remember using Win.ini a while ago with Kingdom Under Fire hehe, well, goto Start menu, then Run, and type in icewind.ini. To your surprises there is an icewind.ini [img]smile.gif[/img] , if you thought it was in the IWD Directory, well you're wrong, so search the 'Run' for icewind.ini.

Good Luck and have fun mate!

markthemark 01-07-2002 08:48 PM

Durwyn,
nope, no such file as icewind.ini....

TheCrimsomBlade 01-08-2002 12:56 AM

Its not a file it is a note pad with a 10 point yellow star in the
lower right hand corner try to find the icewind.ini note pad
double click it and the follow the directions to put in your cheats.

Durwyn 01-08-2002 12:57 PM

No no mark,

Ye not be doing it right lad! Goto Start menu, then click on "Run" and type in icewind.ini - thats it, the file will pop up on your screen right away.

markthemark 01-14-2002 04:51 PM

OK, must be an idiot, but doing the run thing don't work. There is no file and I don't understand this:
"Its not a file it is a note pad with a 10 point yellow star in the
lower right hand corner try to find the icewind.ini note pad
double click it and the follow the directions to put in your cheats."--where would this little sucker be?
Do I sound testy? Sorry, not used to being so clueless (well OK maybe I am used to it, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.)

Micah Foehammer 01-14-2002 04:56 PM

Try reading the readme.txt file that gets updated with the patch. I recall seeing something about this, and if I remember right, they changed the commands to enable the cheats from the CLUAConsole to "Cheatersdoprosper" or something similar.

Let me check this out and I'll post an update later tonight.