Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   The Continuing Saga of the Pedophile Priests (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74863)

RudeDawg 05-06-2002 02:40 PM

Boston Cardinal Defends Decision to Back Out of Abuse Settlement
They've decided that they should not settle, since more families are now coming out with claims.

No criminal actions brought against them, no civil actions... must be nice to be a priest.... [img]graemlins/1pissed.gif[/img]

Madman-Rogovich 05-06-2002 02:44 PM

its amazing how still in todays society the church wields so much power..

Talthyr Malkaviel 05-06-2002 02:46 PM

What?? I didn't read the article because I can't be bothered to register yet, but they can't be getting off with nothing but a slap on the wrist, that makes a mockery of equality.
Talk about preferential treatment!

Ar-Cunin 05-06-2002 03:03 PM

I just read the article - and I'm not supriced :(

At least some priest argued against their own bishop

Lavindathar 05-06-2002 04:37 PM

<font color="cyan">I also dnt have time to register...could someone copy and paste the article?</font>

AzureWolf 05-06-2002 11:44 PM

So they would like to absolve themselves of all responsibility...nothing new really :(

Alexander 05-06-2002 11:49 PM

This is why I'm such an advocate of the separation of church and state.

The Hunter of Jahanna 05-06-2002 11:51 PM

I think this whole pedophile priest fiasco would be dealt with a lot better if the muslims were in charge. Just a few HUNDRED lashes in a public place followed by a slow and painfull castration. I think this is one case where there extreme religeous law might have 1 up on democracy and freedom.

Neb 05-07-2002 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by The Hunter of Jahanna:
I think this whole pedophile priest fiasco would be dealt with a lot better if the muslims were in charge. Just a few HUNDRED lashes in a public place followed by a slow and painfull castration. I think this is one case where there extreme religeous law might have 1 up on democracy and freedom.
Apply extreme religious law to the extremely religious, eh? [img]tongue.gif[/img] Let those kind of punishments apply only to the people who actually believe in them and let everyone else be the subject of conventional law. Honestly I think that it'd be a good idea.

Lanthir 05-07-2002 04:28 AM

um I do no tknow why you think they are getting a slap on the wrist. the one prist has already gotten 75 years in prison with no parole and he still has more criminal charges comming they jst arrested another one from Boston and are bringign him back for trial. You also have to understadn why the dropped the settlement. They are now concerned that to many false claims are being brought. Thus they belive it is beter to handle them individualy.
Also not in defense of the church but how come they never make it such a big deal when say a babtist does it.