Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Interplay and Bioware part ways with NWN (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33641)

Memnoch 12-01-2001 09:38 AM

<font color="red">
On Thursday, November 29, 2001, Canadian software developer BioWare Corp. terminated its contract with Interplay Entertainment Corp. to develop its latest computer game, Neverwinter Nights. BioWare announced that, though it has ended its association with Interplay on the project, it is looking forward to releasing Neverwinter Nights on schedule, early in 2002. Development at BioWare is continuing on both Neverwinter Nights and Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic as well as on other as yet unannounced projects.

BioWare had previously filed lawsuits against Interplay, alleging that Interplay has breached contracts with BioWare by sublicensing distribution of BioWare games to third parties without the knowledge or consent of BioWare. BioWare had also joined with Illinois software developer Parallax in a lawsuit against Interplay alleging that Interplay, British Distributor Virgin Interactive, and the French company, Titus Interactive, had failed to pay royalties due BioWare and Parallax games,

BioWare is the developer of a number of highly popular and successful award-winning computer games, including Shattered Steel, MDK2 (for the PC, Sega Dreamcast and Sony Playstation 2 platforms), Baldur’s Gate, Baldur’s Gate: Tales of the Sword Coast, Baldur’s Gate II: Shadows of Amn and the recently-released Baldur’s Gate II: Throne of Bhaal. Parallax has developed a number of highly popular and successful award-winning computer games, such as Descent, Descent II, Descent II: The Infinite Abyss and Descent Freespace.

</font>

I wonder who'll be publishing now?

Dreamer128 12-01-2001 01:07 PM

I really don't care, as long as it doesnt mean more delay. Its very likely that publishers will be lining up though, NWN is definatly going to be a hit!

GhostDogg 12-01-2001 10:21 PM

So what happens to those who have NWN on preorder from Interplay Store?

Lemernis 12-02-2001 01:57 AM

It will be a hit especially if it remains a faithful to PnP. The reason BG worked so well is that it brought AD&D to life (as opposed to being a hack and slash game like Diablo). The more they breathe life into PnP the stronger the games will get as they keep buidling the franchise, IMHO.

Memnoch 12-02-2001 05:40 AM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by GhostDogg:
So what happens to those who have NWN on preorder from Interplay Store?<hr></blockquote>

I imagine that your orders would be cancelled. You may want to contact Interplay to find out.

Barb 12-02-2001 09:29 AM

Damn, I think this is a plot to make people want to buy the game even more and interplay and bioware are sniggering at us. Cant wait till its released. Heres a screenshot link: Screenshot

Galadria 12-02-2001 03:20 PM

Nice screenshot, Barb.I'm guessing that the portrait in the RUQ (medical talk for right top corner-sorry) the big one is your character, the littler ones are your companions, PC or NPC. The game play area is very surrealistic-reminds me of those old Tenniel engravings for Alice in Wonderland or the Hunting of the Snark, especially the latter. BTW, why'd you get knocked out at the Battle of the Modding Mage? Hmmm?