Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   How do *YOU* introduce yourself to a girl/boy you like? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91071)

Spirits forever 10-30-2003 09:14 PM

Like the topic states.. How you Get to know him/her better..

Just a thought...

me i just go with the normal intro "hi i'm blag.."
but what do you do?

Lord 10-30-2003 09:21 PM

These Are Some Pick Up Lines from IW Members

Skunk 10-30-2003 10:00 PM

According to a University of Chicago Study the best way to introduce yourself is with the following word - rather than a pickup line:
<font size="5">"Hi",</font>
Followed up with an 'open' question,
ie "Do you like the band?"
(It's amazing what studies actually get funding these days!)

Pick up lines only work with people who have the looks/humour to carry them through - otherwise they tend to count against you.

johnny 10-30-2003 10:56 PM

Hi, pull my finger please.

Nanobyte 10-31-2003 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by johnny:
Hi, pull my finger please.
Well, you most likely pull that one off in a bar, and at girls who are FUBAR already.. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

SpiritWarrior 10-31-2003 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Spirits forever:
Like the topic states.. How you Get to know him/her better..

Just a thought...

but what do you do?

I never thought of your one. I hope you don't mind if I use it..Theres something about introducing yourself as 'Blag' that spells winner..

Dagorion 10-31-2003 02:36 AM

"Hi, sniff this chloroform soaked tissue." [img]graemlins/evillaughter1.gif[/img]
Hehehe, no, really it goes somethinng along the lines of one of my friends saying "Heay, come over here, I have something to show you." :|

[ 10-31-2003, 02:44 AM: Message edited by: Dagorion ]

shadowhound 10-31-2003 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dagorion:
"Hi, sniff this chloroform soaked tissue." [img]graemlins/evillaughter1.gif[/img]
That would explain a lot [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I would plan a witty, slightly immature and yet highly sophisticated comment the would fit the situation we were in perfectly...

Which I would promptly forget as soon as we were face to face and would end up saying something highly embarassing.

----------------
"I might say an accidental word"
"Accidental word?"
"Yes, I might be sitting there about to talk to her and then I might just yell out 'nipple' or something!"

-Coupling
(Excellent show)

Lady Blue03 10-31-2003 02:51 AM

<font color=pink>Well I don't pick random people off the streets. Usually I meet em at school or something and we become friends and eventually we go out on dates ect...that was in HS though. I have a wonderful guy now :D </font>

Downunda 10-31-2003 04:05 AM

I have no need for pick up lines, it's the girls that try to use the lines on me [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img] seriously though, I'm not gonna need to ever be "introducing" myself ever again as I've already found the girl of my dreams [img]smile.gif[/img]

Bahamut 10-31-2003 04:35 AM

Quote:

ways better than those typical pick-up lines... [img]smile.gif[/img]

I even find that funnier... or yeah i just have a weird sense of humor...

if you want to approach a girl anyway anything you will do will be an obvious statement that you are making the moves on her... if she was your friend right.. there wouldn't be anything like that... so there... ;)

Timber Loftis 10-31-2003 04:47 AM

Best I remember, I would just be myself. Like the time I drunkenly told a girl at a frat party "Hey, I'd love to go out with you, whaddya think?" We were together for 4 months and had she not had to leave to go to another school, who knows what could have happened? Very cool chick.

Also, believe it or not, there is one cheesy pickup line I have had work for me: "So, when I wake you in the morning, will it be with a phone call or a gentle nudge?" It of course took a little time to set up.

Jorath Calar 10-31-2003 05:41 AM

I think I usually say something like "Heflen fleffen" and then I burst into flames...

yes I'm a bit shy...

[img]smile.gif[/img]

Zuvio 10-31-2003 06:18 AM

<font color=gold>
I got traumatised by using pick-up lines, chicks would laugh in my face. Nowadays I play drunk and try to score the easy way [img]graemlins/showoff.gif[/img]
</font>

Kakero 10-31-2003 06:52 AM

well, I simply smile at the girl. that is enough to start a beautiful friendship. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Memnoch 10-31-2003 06:55 AM

Walk up and say G'day. That's a good way to start. :D

shadowhound 10-31-2003 06:58 AM

Quote:

Hehehe, no, really it goes somethinng along the lines of one of my friends saying "Heay, come over here, I have something to show you." :|
...and then wussing out? [img]tongue.gif[/img] :D

Donut 10-31-2003 07:51 AM

"How do you like your eggs - fried or fertilised?"

or

'allo darlin, wan' an 'orrible time?

cloud ff7 38 10-31-2003 10:07 AM

I get too nervous to use pick up lines....but i have a girlfriend so no worry.

Elif Godson 10-31-2003 02:20 PM

I dont remember anymore, but usually it started with a heya or hiya or whats up [img]smile.gif[/img] KISS(keep it simple stupid) is a good theory ;)

Firestormalpha 10-31-2003 03:25 PM

Let me see..... I walk toward them with the full intention of saying "hi" and walk right past them berrating myself for the sheer cowardice of it all.

When it comes to girls I really wouldn't mind going out with I am unfortunately extremely shy.

Aelia Jusa 10-31-2003 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Skunk:

Followed up with an 'open' question,
ie "Do you like the band?"
(It's amazing what studies actually get funding these days!)

I hope the study didn't suggest this question or it really would have been wasting that funding. 'Do you like the band' isn't an open question as it can be answered with yes or no. 'What do you think of the band' is an open question [img]tongue.gif[/img]

AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe 10-31-2003 04:11 PM

now that I think about it. I really think that open ended question thing is gold. thinking about it now, I realized that a lot of the times I was successful, it actually was using that format. Go figure.

Arledrian 10-31-2003 04:43 PM

Depends if I'm sober or not. If I haven't been drinking, I'll go up to her, say "hey, I'm Alex," and then go on to make pleasant, relevant, polite and hopefully witty conversation while trying to maintain a healthy balance of aloofness and clinginess. If I'm drunk though, I'll often go up to her, introduce myself swaggeringly, then go on to make some completely inappropriate comment about her arse or something. Funny enough, it appears that the latter is more successful. Or maybe it just seems that way because I'm wasted. I'm not sure.

Epona 11-02-2003 07:41 PM

Mmmmm, I met my bf several times before we actually had a conversation. I kept seeing him at various clubs/gigs and we had sort of grinned or waved at each other a few times. Then it turned out he was a friend's flatmate. The friend introduced me to him at a gig, but I was really drunk, mumbled 'hi', and promptly fell flat on my face whereupon another friend picked me up and took me home. Eventually we did get to speak to each other, but we were both drunk and can't really remember how we got talking or what was said. We ended up sitting on a sofa with his arm around me and then he asked me if I wanted to have an adventure. I said 'errrr ummm OK' and that was that!

So it doesn't really seem to matter that much what you say, or indeed whether you are capable of conversation! [img]redface.gif[/img]

Calaethis Dragonsbane 11-03-2003 05:14 PM

Hmm... what are these chatup lines that you speak of? [img]tongue.gif[/img] Tsk, I don't talk to strange people, female or otherwise [img]tongue.gif[/img] Well, only if I have to ;) . Usually, imo, its not worth the trouble of making a fool out of yourself (or myself as the case may be) [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Timber Loftis 11-03-2003 05:41 PM

In this day and age, what with all the "varieties" of guys and gals out there, I usually take a cue from my dog and begin by sniffing their butt to make sure they're really a girl. :D

Lord 11-03-2003 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
In this day and age, what with all the "varieties" of guys and gals out there, I usually take a cue from my dog and begin by sniffing their butt to make sure they're really a girl. :D
<font color=turquoise>LOL!!!</font>

Horatio 11-04-2003 04:03 PM

One of my worst moments happened when I was 19. I'd wandered into a club with some friends, after previously hitting the down the road. So, I hang around a bit and spot a pretty cute girl eyeing me by the bar. Thinking this is my lucky day, I strut over to her, intending to unleash an assualt of wit, the magnitude of which she has never seen before. I end up saying "Hi, wanna drink?" "Yeah, please, that'd be great." "Class...mine's a Strongbow!" I chuckle a bit, in my drunkeness not realising that I was sounding like a total ass :D I turn around, and she's gone! I'm wasn't surprised, I didn't like me much after such a dive. ;)

DrowArchmage 11-09-2004 05:50 PM

i usually whistle at her and when she turns around i smile an say "How you doin?" And it works! haahaha

RoSs_bg2_rox 11-09-2004 06:02 PM

Riiighht! So you resurected a year old thread just to say that, that was nice of you :rolleyes:

Sigmar 11-09-2004 06:19 PM

*shrugs*

Even the best of us ressurect an old thread once in a while, a wise mod told me that! :D

Besides, would you have liked him to start a new thread and have people say? - "It's been done before" *cue the links* :D

How about we build on this instead.

I don't use chat-up lines as I'm a coward, due to the fact I have little confidence in myself, chat-up lines only work of you have the charisma to pull them off! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Instead I just ask girls whether they want a drink and then just build it up from there.

shadowhound 11-09-2004 06:52 PM

Bloody Thread necromancy [img]tongue.gif[/img]

On a side note: "Hi, my name is ..., Remember it because you are going ot be screaming it all night long :D "

Calaethis Dragonsbane 11-10-2004 01:10 AM

wth... I almost blinked at seeing a reply by me - and then realised the date. [img]tongue.gif[/img] .

I reiterate though - pick up lines? Who needs em? I prefer to rely on natural charisma! [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

uss 11-10-2004 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Spirits forever:

but what do you do?

Uh, according to the net dictionary I use:

Main Entry: blag
Function: noun
Definition: robbery or theft, often a con or scam
Usage: British slang

:confused:

As for me, I don't pick up girls yet, since people of my age don't 'get laid' in my area. [img]tongue.gif[/img] I'm conserving my mojo for later years. ;)

[ 11-10-2004, 07:43 AM: Message edited by: uss ]

Donut 11-10-2004 08:15 AM

'allo darlin' want an 'orrible time?

Donut 11-10-2004 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Memnoch:
What if it's night time?

Beaumanoir 11-10-2004 08:32 AM

True story, Saw a girl I liked in college. Saw her hanging around with a guy in another one of my classes, made friends with the guy, made friends with his friends, including her.

We've been a couple since monday.

Oh yea... :D

Beaumanoir 11-10-2004 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Donut:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Memnoch:

What if it's night time? </font>[/QUOTE]That's even better.

Memnoch: G'night
Girl: But I'm not going to bed yet
Memnoch: Change of plan, You are now.

Stormymystic 11-10-2004 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Beaumanoir:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Donut:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Memnoch:

What if it's night time? </font>[/QUOTE]That's even better.

Memnoch: G'night
Girl: But I'm not going to bed yet
Memnoch: Change of plan, You are now.
</font>[/QUOTE]roflmao, I hate to say it, but I know a few women who would fall for that line, and no I am not one of them ;)