Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Scam Warning (wsnreturns.com) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92272)

Larry_OHF 11-18-2004 05:06 PM

<font color=skyblue>There is a scam on the internet that my sister-in-law fell for and tried to get us to fall in with her. She had received a notice that she had won a $1,000 shopping spree on their website. There were special circumstances and time limits on the money usage. I had previously heard about a scam like this one, so I investigated and discovered that this is indeed a scam.

What they do is trick you into thinking you have won a $1,000 but in fact you have not "won" a thing. The prices on the merchandise they carry are very high (highest I found on a google search of like items), and they charge a high (what they call) "Shipping and Handling". You also have to use all of the $1,000 at once or "lose it". So, in the end, you will have spent over $1,000 for shipping and over-pricing on items that are not any good to begin with. So...cheap stuff+high prices does not = free. Not even close.</font>

Jorath Calar 11-18-2004 06:00 PM

Internet Rule #1: If it's too good to be true, it's a scam...

I've lived by that rule since I started on the internet in 1997 and it has always served me well... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Ilander 11-18-2004 06:03 PM

Internet Rule #2: Everything involving the word "free" on the internet is a scam...

johnny 11-18-2004 06:12 PM

I can't believe there are still people falling for that "you've won money" crap. :rolleyes:

Hivetyrant 11-18-2004 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by johnny:
I can't believe there are still people falling for that "you've won money" crap. :rolleyes:
your just jelous because I won $10,000 for visiting a website and you didnt [img]tongue.gif[/img]

johnny 11-18-2004 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Hivetyrant:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by johnny:

your just jelous because I won $10,000 for visiting a website and you didnt [img]tongue.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE]Pffft...10.000 ? Is that all ? I think i won 1.000.000 € TWICE a few weeks ago, and not to mention all those friendly Nigerians who want to deposit millions of Dollars in my account, which i respectfully declined because i'm still living off those other millions i got from their fellow countrymen a few months before that.

Nigeria must be the friendliest place on earth. :D

SecretMaster 11-18-2004 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by johnny:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Hivetyrant:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by johnny:

your just jelous because I won $10,000 for visiting a website and you didnt [img]tongue.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE]Pffft...10.000 ? Is that all ? I think i won 1.000.000 € TWICE a few weeks ago, and not to mention all those friendly Nigerians who want to deposit millions of Dollars in my account, which i respectfully declined because i'm still living off those other millions i got from their fellow countrymen a few months before that.

Nigeria must be the friendliest place on earth. :D
</font>[/QUOTE]Oh what the hell??? Nigeria only offered me $5000. It was some brazilian company that gave me the millions. I hate getting gipped online...

T-D-C 11-18-2004 10:52 PM

Well my wife loves those herbal pills that she got me from an email. Those things are the BOMB!

In all seriousness Larry thanks for the warning!

Maj 11-18-2004 11:55 PM

Don't worry about me, I am very careful, it has been pounded into my head never to click those things. Overprotective brother and all...

Larry_OHF 11-19-2004 02:00 PM

<font color=skyblue>How do ya like this?
She does not believe me! Screw it.

Let her get burned. I didn't like her noway.</font>