Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Cloudy's Cafe, a conversation zone, September 4, 2007 (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97781)

Dragonshadow 09-25-2007 03:03 PM

Re: Cloudy's Cafe, a conversation zone, September 4, 2007

So tragically wrong...

Unglaublich Verwustung 09-25-2007 03:20 PM

...unless he has beer to cheer himself up after he gets out of hospital, that could be okay?

Cloudbringer 09-25-2007 05:50 PM

ROTFL...yes, I think keeping the current gf with the new sofa is a good idea! :D

Ilander, it's all a conspiracy to make you spend quality one on one time with your girlfriend! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA... *hides her wand of mediocrity in film from Ilander's eyes*

BTW, I am SO jealous about the new sofa...I could use one in my house about now...been holding out to pay for other things but one of these days will be buying that new sofa...till then, allow me to drool on yours, bubbe!

Unglaublich Verwustung 09-26-2007 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cloudbringer (Post 1190377)
..till then, allow me to drool on yours, bubbe!

...drooling on sofa is bad and wrong; I should know, my eldest teen-boy does it in between lurching zombie-like from room to room looking for somewhere to drool...you will end up with snail-trail drool marks on the fabric and they are hell to explain when friends pop round for a drink..they just do not go for the woeful tales of giant killer African snails on loan from the local zoo whilst their new home is rebuilt, not unless you get them really drunk..and drunken giant African land snails wander around even more than sober ones and you end up with snail trails on the ceiling and all sorts of crap which messes you up both emotionally and physically and you just don't need to go down that whole thread of thought because it gets really, really confusing...

Elif Godson 09-26-2007 11:07 AM

:happywave: Hi all, just popping in for the wave.

Sever 09-26-2007 11:27 AM

:hehe: That's just the thing i needed to read right about now. Way too much seriousness going on in my week so far. Ta muchly for a good laugh, UV. :thumbsup:

The reason for my busy week? Went on a roadtrip to the deep south. Where the trees are big, the dirt is green and folk talk like.. well, 'bout the same as the rest of us really. Went to see a mate of mine for his birthday. (Was only two weeks late this year, i'm getting better..) Made the mistake of starting my weekend before the weekend started, if you know what i mean, and neglected to do a few things before i left. But what the hey, i had a ball. Got super pissed, climbed a big-ass tree tower, got more pissed, toured the wineries and distilleries and, you guessed it, got more pissed. Come to think, it's a wonder i finished the weekend without getting punched in the head, really.

Anyways, come monday, my legs went on strike in response to me climbing the Bicentennial Tree and any movement necessitating their co-operation became a hassle. The bills and whatnot that i'd neglected came back to bite me on the bum whilst in a depressed state of hangover so i was forced to neglect them some more. I did manage to pick up my own computer from my unit in Perth on the drive back (which i've been meaning to do for a few weeks) but it seems one of my parent's cats, bless his cotton socks, has done it a mischief less than a day after i set it up and i now need a replacement graphics card socket adapter thingy. Ironically, i have one! But it's in the junk draw 200kms back in the direction i'd just come from. :mad: If i weren't so sure that a DIY repair would go horribly wrong, i'd do it, but the way my week is going, it's ill-advised at best. I've also been asked to house-sit for a mate of mine for a week whilst his house is empty. I managed to talk him down to staying a few hours a night and making sure his three dogs are fed and stuff, but even this is proving a hassle. The eldest dog is arthritic (is that even a word :ponder:) and can't really be made to sleep outside. As such, when i return in the morning to let her out, she's already left half a dozen presents on the carpet for me to clean. Can't think of any realistic alternatives, so tonight i just left her favourite place of business covered in newspaper. I bet she's left them somewhere else when i get in tomorrow..

Listen to me :rolleyes: i'm rambling here. Anywho, if anyone whose PMs i've neglected to respond to is actually reading this, bare with me for a bit - even though i probably could've responded to all in the time it's taken me to write this. :ponder: Let that be indicataive of where my head's at at the moment.

Bungleau and Lord Mic, by tomorrow i'll probably be able to resume some reasonable form of Travian sitting if you need it. :)

toot033 09-26-2007 09:05 PM

EUHHHHH... snail drool stains are a real pain to get out......

Unglaublich Verwustung 09-28-2007 09:02 AM

I thought I would share the joy of having booked time off from work next week so that I have a 4-day weekend; unfortunately I can't share the joy as there is no lazing around to be had :(
I need the 4-day weekend to move all of our stuff into a new house, which we are renting so that we can do some major work on our current home. So I will be exhausted, grouchy, have aching muscles and, with luck, a slight hangover. I'll need to go back to work just so that I can rest...but at least we can make a start on the work, huzzah!

Ivelliis 09-28-2007 10:53 AM

Hi all! Seeing as we're all moaning about work I'll talk about mine!

Got a phonecall in college today which I couldn't answer cos of lessons, but when I got out I rang work and they begged me to work tonight, as both the golf manager and the bikes supervisor are ill/refusing to work until 8.

Bearing in mind I know nothing about golf (hate the sport), and only a bit about bikes, I'll most probably be stood on that department doing nothing for three hours.

Needed a good relax anyway! :D

Ladyzekke 10-05-2007 10:26 PM

Bumping! 3 day weekend for those of us in the U.S.!

My boss is extremely ill and soon I think I'm gonna be out of a job, after 18 years of work there. I knew it was gonna come down to this, I knew my loyalty would be to my detriment in the end. Ah well, that is the way I am. I'm a very loyal person, to friends and anyone who treats me well.

I just hope when I go to find another job I find a place with people who are normal, nice, and who can appreciate me LOL. I kick ass and go out of my way, above and beyond, so I just don't want to be taken advantage of. It's happened before in the past, and I worry about it now. Never did before cause I thought I had a nice stable job, didn't know my boss would get old and have nobody around to take over things when he got ill. :(

Not to mention I care about my boss like a Grandfather after working with him every single day for 18 years. He had small stroke and pneumonia recently. I can't see him returning to the office even if he recovers, which will take a lot of time I'm guessing. I've been dreading this day for years now. I'm so stressed out now, and I guess that won't go away until I feel safe, with another job, that hopefully I like. I am so scared. Don't want to find myself in some spiderweb office. Not to mention I live paycheck to paycheck, not much savings at all. Not my fault either, its cause I stayed with my small office and just lived with the small pay, cause I'm loyal, and also grew very content with the familiar that has been my job for 18 years.

Hopefully in the end my next job I will get quickly so I can pay my bills. And hopefully the work environment will be positive. Until then, I just pray for my old boss that he at least lives and gets well. LOL, he's 82 and just got married dangit!