Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Best/Worst IWD/BG game or dungeon (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90191)

Dirty Meg 05-27-2004 08:12 PM

I feel a poll coming on...

What is the best and the worst game or add on and also what is your favourite and least favourite dungeon in all of the games?

In my (humble) opinion...
Best game
BG2
Best Dungeon
Lower Dornsdeep (IWD1)
Worst game
Heart of winter
Worst Dungeon
Iron mine in BG1

Now your opinions...

Nerull 05-27-2004 09:01 PM

Shouldn't this be in miscellaneous games (game-oriented, but dealing with multiple games)?

Anyway:
</font>
  • Best Game: tie between BG2 and Planescape: Torment (depends on my mood).</font>
  • Best Dungeon: Durlag's Tower (TOSC) with Windspear Hills second (SoA).</font>
  • Worst Game: Considering I've only played BG1, SoA, TOSC, ToB, and Planescape, I would have to go ToB. Way too rushed and overpowered.</font>
  • Worst Dungeon: Ulcaster ruins (BG1) with Firewine Ruins running close second (BG1 also).</font>

[ 05-27-2004, 09:02 PM: Message edited by: Nerull ]

Jorath Calar 05-27-2004 09:09 PM

Best: BG2 and Torment (Just got Torment again and it is awesome)

Worst: I kind of like them all, but Heart of Winter was too short. Also IWD 2 was a big let down... why was the same last dungeon as in IWD1 ?

Best Dungeon: Planar Sphere, Bodhis Lair, Spellhold, the hell levels at the end of BG2... damn I love that game.

Worst Dungeon: Not really a dungeon, but the forrest (don't remember the name) in IWD 2 were you get lost a lot and all the zones are the same. Also the Modron dungeon in Torment is a big pain in the ... rear. And Irenicus dungeon in the beginning of BG2... not bad, I just played it so many times... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Illumina Drathiran'ar 05-27-2004 09:41 PM

Best Game: BG2 (SoA plus ToB)
Worst: I wasn't a fan of IWD... Not enough plot, puzzles, or dialogue... And the inn/tavern/shopping situation in Kuldahar was just stupid.
Best Dungeon: Spellhold (SoA), Watcher's Keep (ToB)
Worst Dungeon: Firewine ruins of BG. Kobold commando DOOM!

Albromor 05-27-2004 11:14 PM

I like this question! Let's see...

Best Game: BG1 (only because it brought me back, and tons of others, to the joy of PC RPGs; otherwise it is BG2).

Best Dungeon: Got to go with Nerull here on Durlag's Tower in TotSC. I just loved the creativity and the setting. Very well designed.

Worst Game: IWD2 (bleh!)

Worst Dungeon: 3 way tie all in BG1 - Ulcaster Ruins, Firewine Ruins, and the Iron Mine. I believe it was the poor AI as your party tried to maneuver through those crampy hallways that would drive a person nuts.

Oh, I almost forgot. I should add that thieves guantlet that you had to get through to come to the final battle in BG1 was another pain (even though it isn't technically a "dungeon"). Hmmm, maybe I need to seriously rethink BG1 as "best game." [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img]

[ 05-27-2004, 11:15 PM: Message edited by: Albromor ]

Nanobyte 05-27-2004 11:28 PM

I've only played the BG's and a little of IWD2, so..

Best Game
All of them, I suppose.

Best Dungeon
Durlag's Tower. IMO, the best dungeon period.

Worst Game
Throne of Bhaal. It just sucks.

Worst Dungeon
Hm.. Firewine maybe? Also, the hallway near the end of BG1. That was just pointless.

Attalus 05-28-2004 04:01 PM

Best Game: Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn
Best Dungeon: I'd love to say Watcher's Keep, but Durlag's Tower was the best, very creative and difficult.
Worst Game: IWDII, beyond any doubt.
Worst Dungeon: The Thieves Guild Maze at the end of BG.

Xen 05-28-2004 04:07 PM

Best game: Baldur`s Gate - SoA and ToB
Best dungeon: Watcher`s Keep in ToB
Worst game: IWD series
Worst dungeon: Jon Irenicus`s