Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Debate of the millenium...Enter........If you dare! (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48705)

Shank 12-06-2000 03:30 PM

Here is an interesting topic for all debate-o-holics: Cleric Vs. Druid. Defensive and offensive advantages?, at the end of the day, who will ensure the survival of the group? Prowess in battle?
Take all of these into account!

LET THE ARGUME- I MEAN DEBATING, BEGIN!!!

Kaël 12-06-2000 03:33 PM

Druids no
Cleric no
Ranger level8 dual to Cleric yes.
Thats it byebye
Debate over...

Kaël 12-06-2000 03:36 PM

Hah Why
Ranger/cleric get druid spell aswell and even more then druid because of th3re higher levels
Druids get level 14 or 15 if cheated with only adventage shapeshifting
I personly don't like that...
Ranger druids will get like 3 creeping dooms

Shank 12-06-2000 03:41 PM

Kael:

Yeah the ranger cleric dual is a good idea, but ummm, can you read? the title says Cleric Vs Druid, no Ranger dual classed to cleric at level 8 Vs Druid!

justaworm 12-06-2000 04:11 PM

Do you mean within the limits of the game, or just hypothetically?

Shank 12-06-2000 04:14 PM

within game limits

Shank 12-06-2000 04:14 PM

within game limits

Accord 12-06-2000 04:18 PM

If it is one on one combat, cleric will definitely have an edge on defense over druids. In this case, the cleric can wear better armour and can use a decent shield. But in offence, I think they are pretty much the same. Both can become decent tanks if cleric have the right warhammer/mace and druid have the right staff/club. But what made the druid stands out is the spells available. Although the druid lacks (at least I think) the range of anti-undead spells available to the cleric, they have spells that will prove to be very useful through out the entire game, such as summon fire elemental, and a load of insect summoning spells. The elemental summoning spells for druids are better than the mages since the elemental will not have the possibility to turn on you unless you attack it. The insect summoning spells are excellent mage distracters.
In terms of contributing to the health of the party (ie. healing spells), it all depends on the style of game play you use. I usually have my party drink potions instead of casting healing spells during hostile encounters.
When it comes to overall contribution to a party, I would definitely pick the druid.

ironfist 12-06-2000 04:29 PM

Druid of course, because of spells.

ArmageddonX 12-06-2000 04:33 PM

I'd have to disagree, I think cleric's rock, dual classed or not. I have two heavy duty fighters with twin katana's and they are only slightly better fighter's than my cleric with the flail fo ages and the war hammer versus giants. In early game my cleric was to only one who could damage the larger golems. What's also great about the cleric is he/she can go roaming about your currently fighting party and cast things like heal all which is incredibly helpful. Could someone who knows more about druids like to tell me all the great things about them? I just never thought them useful enough to have.