Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   statue in the temple of amaunator (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7549)

cloud88 05-08-2002 09:33 AM

spoiler
you know that statue where your supposed to do this morn,noon and evening rutuals or something well i have discoverd a öhh? box,place
or something in the eye of the statue but a cant pick whats inside because the statue is like alive and the eye is like inside of the blue ring that you hit to talk whit the statue how can i get to the "eye" ive already tried whit...knock,moving my mouse over every inch of the damn place and also i have tried to remove its trap whit remove trap whit a thief

sorry about bad english

Ar-Cunin 05-08-2002 09:38 AM

I've also tried to 'reach' it - but I couldn't

guess it's nothing

P.S. you can find similar 'doubles' in containers in the Underdark and the Asylum

cloud88 05-08-2002 09:46 AM

i wonder what happens if you cast flesh to stone on the stone statue ehh? hehehe
(i guese nothing thought)

Sir Exxon 05-08-2002 10:17 AM

<font color="gold">Well, in this case, this is pure guessing from me, but I think it is the 'chamber' where the statue has it's spell. You know, if you fail his test, he casts some fire-spell on you (dont rememeber the name now), so maybe it has something to do with that. ;)

Oh, and dont care about the english. It is fully readable, and that's what matters. [img]smile.gif[/img] </font>

dragon_lord 05-08-2002 10:23 AM

i dont think there was anything special in there. Heres what i remember doing; i detected the trap first then i walked away from the statue so that that area is shrouded by "fog". I then selected disarm traps on my thief and told him to disarm the trap. I walked away again and told him to search the statues eye. Tip: Always hold tab down when entering new areas, it high lights objects etc.

Gothmog, Lord of Balrogs 05-08-2002 11:56 AM

tab only highlights containers and doors if you have ToB installed. it is quite helpful, though, helping me find all sorts of little tiny containers in various places.

(for instance, there is a house in Amkethran that has some Full Plate +2 hidden behind a plank in the wall... and the owners didn't even know it!)

SixOfSpades 05-08-2002 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by dragon_lord:
Tip: Always hold tab down when entering new areas, it high lights objects etc.
Sadly, here we see yet another way to be a cheesy gameplayer. The REASON those little nooks & crannies were so small was so that only METICULOUS and DILIGENT players would notice them, and be rewarded with cool stuff, not so that every bozo who figures out what the TAB button does can walk around with some magical X-Ray vision and see into all the secret compartments in the world.

I do use the Tab button, but only to highlight dropped items, for instance when I'm collecting loot right after a big fight, and I'm not sure if I've checked all the corpses, or perhaps one of them is obscured behind a tree or something. As far as using Tab to find little hidey-holes goes, if I didn't mouse over it, I didn't see it.