Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   A Helecopter Just Landed Right Outside!!!!! (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74031)

Epona 03-29-2002 11:39 AM

Wow, this made my day - I LOVE helicopters!!!!

It was the London air-ambulance - and it landed right outside my apartment! I was sitting on the balcony in the sun, saw the thing circling - it disappeared the other side of the building, and so of course I went downstairs to see what was happening. The police had blocked the road, and it landed right there in the street!!

I'm not sure why exactly, they just unloaded the stretcher into a regular ambulance, ran a few checks and took off again.

Wow, that was just great!!! I hope the patient was OK though. WOW!! I've never been in a helicopter :(

Black Knight 03-29-2002 11:42 AM

Wow!! That certainly beats my morning - woke up just in time to see my neighbor's cat take a dump on my welcome mat... [img]smile.gif[/img] But (silver lining) it IS my brothers... ;)

BK

Tiamat 03-29-2002 11:43 AM

Ive been in a plane, a ferry, a car......... and a hell chariot..... err never mind. Hope you acheive dat dream!

Daniel 03-29-2002 06:55 PM

I similar thing happened to me the other day. About a week ago at 3 in the morning I woke up as there was a lot of noise and commotion out side. I looked out of my bedroom window to the field opposite to my house. And it was absolutly filled with Police about 3 Vans, 5 cars and a helicopter flying very low to the ground with a search light scanning the area, in the middle of the field was an abandoned car. I am not sure what had happened that night by it was quite exciting whilst it lasted

Galadria 03-29-2002 07:36 PM

Epona, I've ridden in an evacuation helecopter when I was an intern. Very exciting. Also, I rode in one in Volcanoes National Park in Hawaii, I rode in the front over the nose bubble, while Attalus had to ride in the back 'cause he'd s so big, hahaha.

Scholarcs 03-29-2002 07:47 PM

Ive been in a helicopter once, it was awesome, we flew above really close to this river in a gorge and then we went so high above a lake! It was so cool!

Cloudbringer 03-29-2002 07:49 PM

Well that's a different way to start the day! I've had helicopters fly over my place alot, we're on the way to the airport here. Never ridden in one,though.

BK: HAHAHAHAHA! ahem..sorry...couldn't resist a good chortle on that one.. *snickers some more,discreetly*

CB

Epona 03-30-2002 09:32 AM

LOL, aren't I a kid? It was awesome - I just have this 'thing' for anything that flies - birds, planes, helicopters, space shuttles etc. - and seeing that unexpectedly just really made my day :D

Sir Goulum 03-30-2002 12:39 PM

The only helicoptors I've seen are ones sprayin pesticides on fields in the suburbs of Edmonton. [img]tongue.gif[/img]