Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   The Brits have let in too many imagrants... (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91520)

Arvon 09-05-2004 09:13 PM

*sheesh!*

Among the reality-TV series being batted around in London, according to recent reports in the Daily Telegraph and The Independent, is "Make Me a Mum," in which a woman reduces a field of men to the two whom she believes will make her the genetically best offspring. At that point, producers will inseminate the woman with sperm from both men and, using intravaginal micro technology, will attempt to record a "race" to see which sperm gets to the egg first. Said Remy Blumenfeld, the creative director for the Brighter Pictures production house, "(This show is) much more about the rule of science than the rules of attraction." [The Independent (London), 8-7-04]

DBear 09-05-2004 11:27 PM

Damn, I thought this would be about another Muslim outrage.

On topic--you should see some American "reality" T.V. shows :rolleyes:

Kakero 09-06-2004 01:41 AM

ummm...This won't downrail into another topic about religion would it?

aleph_null1 09-06-2004 01:51 AM

Kakero, we've already proven that any topic can plausibly become one about religion!

wellard 09-06-2004 04:39 AM

And how does a field of one 'experiment' produce valid data?

How does the controversial thread title 'The Brits have let in too many imagrants' tie in with this?

wellard 09-06-2004 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Kakero:
ummm...This won't downrail into another topic about religion would it?
For my money the thread title is already downrail material

Gangrell 09-06-2004 04:49 AM

Arvon, what the hell does this have to do with immigration? To see whose race has the fastest sperm? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Arvon 09-06-2004 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Gangrell:
Arvon, what the hell does this have to do with immigration? To see whose race has the fastest sperm? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Knowing the old Brit attitude as being stoddy this experiment doesn't seem to fit. You know 'stiff upper lip' and so on. It could only be imported/immigrated. Besides, I thought the item was weird and the title got your attention... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 09-06-2004, 10:59 AM: Message edited by: Arvon ]

Lanesra 09-06-2004 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Arvon:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Gangrell:

Knowing the old Brit attitude as being stoddy this experiment doesn't seem to fit. You know 'stiff upper lip' and so on. It could only be imported/immigrated. Besides, I thought the item was weird and the title got your attention... [img]tongue.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE]Stick to posting old jokes.

Donut 09-06-2004 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Arvon:
Knowing the old Brit attitude as being stoddy this experiment doesn't seem to fit. You know 'stiff upper lip' and so on. It could only be imported/immigrated. Besides, I thought the item was weird and the title got your attention... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
You need to visit the UK Arvon. You might then know what you're talking about.

I'm not "stoddy" and I haven't got a "stiff upper lip".

This has nothing to do with immigrants at all.