Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Solo'ers, who's what ?? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58885)

daan 11-12-2001 04:41 AM

I allready soloed a Fighter/mage , an assasin/mage, and
a fighter/cleric. Am now soloing a cleric/mage.
I'm addicted to magic, as you can see.
IMHO the cleric/mage is going to be the most powerfull solo'er, since you dont need spell-protections if you cast Magic-Res. a couple a times. You can get great THACO's, if you cast champion's strenght after a magic-blade-spell. You can heal yourself, plus you get GATE [img]smile.gif[/img]

I'd really like to know, who you solo'ers are soloing at the moment and why [img]smile.gif[/img]

LennonCook 11-12-2001 04:51 AM

Casting Magic Resistance again before the spell has run out does nothing. If you read the spell description the ull realise that it is not cumulative with other MR- thouhg this spell or any other. It says somethiing ike "if the target has more magic resitance then the priest would confer, than It will actually reduce the targets magic resistance to the set level". This means it will replace any magic resistance you already have- so castung magic resistance a couple of times will do nothing more than what the first one did.

daan 11-12-2001 04:59 AM

lol, ooops
There goes my ingenius tactic ...
[sob], back to the "create-char. screen it is :(

Dundee Slaytern 11-12-2001 05:22 AM

Nearly finished ToB with my solo Cavalier, then I move on to my solo Sorcerer.

Coming up next... Blade, followed by Wild Mage.

I got a dare however, for anybody to solo a... Transmuter. ;)

Fuzzy Animal 11-12-2001 08:42 AM

I'm soloing a sorcerer right now. I may try a swashbuckler/mage next. Hmmmmm maybe I'll try a beastmaster......just kidding!!!!! :D

[ 11-12-2001: Message edited by: Fuzzy Animal ]</p>

Euronymous 11-12-2001 09:13 AM

Has anyone tried soloing with jsu a plane old mage (like me???) Everyone does sorceror for some reason.

Lifetime 11-12-2001 10:30 AM

What I'm wondering is..
If you have the Cleric spell Gate and the Mage spell Gate and you memorise both..
When you click on the spell tab, do you get 2 versions of the spell? Or do you get the total number of Gate spells under 1 icon? If so, do you cast at Mage speed or Cleric speed?

Mitro Jellywadder 11-12-2001 01:09 PM

I'm soloing a sorcerer right now. I plan on trying a ranger (archer) next. As to why I chose a sorcerer, they are the most powerful class you can be. ;)

[ 11-12-2001: Message edited by: Mitro Jellywadder ]</p>

Sir Byronas 11-12-2001 01:38 PM

I have almost finish my solo Cavalier and I plan to play as an Kensai (yeah solo!) next time.

Mel 11-12-2001 02:28 PM

What would you say is the best/easiest character to solo if you've never solo'ed before? I'm getting bored playing with a party and I'd like a bit of a challenge