Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Ironman (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99052)

Ivelliis 05-03-2008 02:26 PM

Ironman

Has anyone seen it?

I went to see it last night and, although I never read any of the comics, it was pretty good. Always love my superhero films, Spiderman, X-Men, Fantastic4, and this was no exception!

Luvian 05-03-2008 11:18 PM

Re: Ironman

It was great, I really liked it. I'm not normally a fan of Ironman, don't like his personality, but I really liked this movie.

VulcanRider 05-04-2008 06:41 PM

This one's at the top of my Christmas wish list, and I don't see anything else coming that I think will beat it. I was worried all the trailers were giving away the best parts, but there's plenty of wow factor left.

BTW, this news story says it hauled in over $100 million in the opening weekend. That's the 2nd best premier ever for a non-sequel.

Edit: Any chance we could get an Ironman avatar?

Sir Goulum 05-04-2008 07:56 PM

I thought it was fantastic... definitely one of the better superhero movies.

Harkoliar 05-10-2008 04:40 AM

im looking forward to thor!.. that would be so cool then avengers with ironman, thor and capt america in it :)

toot033 05-10-2008 09:16 AM

It was great! I did not stay through all the credits though and I hope I didn't miss anything.
By the way according to latest Entertainment weekly they are planning on making 2 more Iron man movies that will lead into the Avengers Movie in 2011 ( can't find the mag now but the date sticks in my head)

Unglaublich Verwustung 05-17-2008 02:45 PM

What have I told you about staying through the credits - yes, you missed something.

Really enjoyed the film, although I wasn't expecting to, not a great fan of superhero movies - we only went so that we could take the kids along, glad that I saw it. And watched a trailer for Hancock, which looked worth watching too, so another for my list.

And interestingly, Robert Downey jr. reprises his role as Tony Stark when the Incredible Hulk comes out in a couple of months, in addition to the 2010 sequel currently planned. So I better get myself down for that as well, busy few months coming up for my movie-going, I guess.

VulcanRider 05-18-2008 08:30 AM

I didn't stay thru the credits either. Just what I needed -- an excuse to see it again. :yippee:

VulcanRider 05-25-2008 01:16 AM

Just as good the 2nd time around. And this time I stayed thru the credits. Gotta remember to do that with all the Marvel movies from now on.

Want to know what you missed??
Spoiler for Looky, Looky...:
Tony Stark comes home one night and finds Samuel L. Jackson standing in his living room, wearing black clothes & an eye patch. He introduces himelf as Nick Fury, Director of SHIELD, and says he wants to talk to Tony about their new Avengers initiative...

DrowArchmage 06-19-2008 11:20 PM

Iron Man was AWESOME!!!
i took my little brothers to see it three days after it came out. i was suprised they actually sat through it, and the next week they wanted to go see it again.