Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Best weapon for a kensai to dual weild (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59255)

Chrispi 11-23-2001 05:53 PM

My guess is the longsword, coz you are more likely to find good magic ones. Am I right?/ [img]graemlins/egypt.gif[/img]
[img]graemlins/1drowndead.gif[/img]

AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe 11-23-2001 06:02 PM

yeah long and short sword are the best I think because there are a lot of them, but if you want some really low thaco then you need to go with a katana, and maybe a scimitar

Chrispi 11-23-2001 06:08 PM

So its best not to use 2 of the same weapon?, because if that is the case then i have to put my profiences in between 2 different weapons!, so as to make it nigh impossible to grandmaster in 1 let alone both, as i want to duel class with a mage. I mean can you use 2 longswords at once? Do you find many magical katanas and scimitars throughout the game? [img]graemlins/egypt.gif[/img]

JR Jansen 11-23-2001 06:34 PM

Magical katanas and scimitars are rare but one of the best weapons falls in one of these catagories. The best thing, imho, is to dual wield long swords though. You'll find a lot of them and some of them have some special abilitie aswell. Plus you don't have to distribute your proficencie points over two weapon classes.

jabidas 11-23-2001 08:07 PM

scimitar is good because belm will give you one extra attack per round

BALROGBANE 11-23-2001 08:22 PM

I would dual weild Celestial Fury and Blackrazor!

Dundee Slaytern 11-23-2001 11:47 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by BALROGBANE:
I would dual weild Celestial Fury and Blackrazor!<hr></blockquote>

By the time you can get Blackrazor( evil path by the way), you more or less have completed SoA already, and there are more kickass Longswords in ToB.

Cerek the Barbaric 11-24-2001 03:03 AM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Chrispi:
So its best not to use 2 of the same weapon?, because if that is the case then i have to put my profiences in between 2 different weapons!, so as to make it nigh impossible to grandmaster in 1 let alone both, as i want to duel class with a mage. I mean can you use 2 longswords at once? Do you find many magical katanas and scimitars throughout the game? [img]graemlins/egypt.gif[/img]
<hr></blockquote>

Yes, you can dual-wield 2 long swords and even 2 katanas.
I have Minsc and he has been dual-wielding 2 long swords in almost every battle.

I just picked up Valygar (replacing Minsc). He carries a +1 katana with some special abilities..so I put that in his off-hand and Celestial Fury in his sword hand. Seems to work pretty good so far.

Yorick 11-24-2001 03:07 AM

Celestial Fury and Belm. [img]smile.gif[/img]