Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Do Human Beings Have a Soul? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75177)

lroyo 05-20-2002 05:36 AM

Any of you who have kept in touch with the Satanism thread will realize where I'm coming from when I ask this question. I do not wish to cause arguments with my threads, so let's all keep it as a discussion! I am very interested to hear what people think about this subject, and why they think what they do.

Aviendha.

Ar-Cunin 05-20-2002 05:48 AM

No

when we die, we are wormfood (unless you're cremated) ;)

[ 05-20-2002, 05:48 AM: Message edited by: Ar-Cunin ]

the new JR Jansen 05-20-2002 05:52 AM

The soul is not physical. If you die your physical essence becomes worm food (or a nice fire piece ornament if you prefer) but the soul might live on. I don't know, i haven't died yet.

caleb 05-20-2002 05:54 AM

I think there is some sort of life after the body dies. If energy is never truly destroyed and just changes forms what happens to all that electricity and brainwaves?

mistral4543 05-20-2002 05:55 AM

I hope so. I like to think in terms of reincarnation, so that we get to experience life over and over again, in various forms and never going through the same situation twice.

Neb 05-20-2002 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by mistral4543:
I hope so. I like to think in terms of reincarnation, so that we get to experience life over and over again, in various forms and never going through the same situation twice.
Personally I believe that there is a soul, but I dislike the thought of reincarnation. Imagine living a beautiful, wonderful, perfect life full of love and happiness.... Then when you die you forget it all and go on to another life that might suck totally.

It seems more probable to me than any sort of Heaven and Hell, though.

Actually reincarnation would be the same as permanent death once you die, whoever you were, whatever you were once like, dies, permanently. And you are replaced by a new thing that only has the same life force, the same soul, in common with you.

Epona 05-20-2002 06:31 AM

No I don't believe in souls. Just doesn't seem logical or rational to me. But then who needs logic and rationality when we have quantum physics? :D

Jerome 05-20-2002 07:06 AM

Nope, I don't beleive in a soul.

The way I see it: the idea seem arrogant, self-concited and fanciful. Mortality is the ultimate reality for me. ;)

Downunda 05-20-2002 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by caleb:
I think there is some sort of life after the body dies. If energy is never truly destroyed and just changes forms what happens to all that electricity and brainwaves?
AHA! But where does it come from in the first place? There are 6 Billion people on the planet (give or take [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) compared to bugger all (dunno the exact stats) 30,000yrs ago. Does this mean that when we die our "soul" gets split up, thus creating more than one person at a significant cost to the total energy level? Sorry, this prolly made no sense whatsoever and I'm on the other side of tipsy so I'll just go with the worm food thing... :D

caleb 05-20-2002 07:28 AM

Your assuming I was talking about reincarnation ;) I believe I will be haunting the girls locker room [img]tongue.gif[/img]