Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   What's the difference between Arsenal, Eggs and Carpets? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91447)

Donut 08-30-2004 09:19 AM

You can beat eggs and you can beat carpets!!

44 undefeated, if we get to 45 will it be a record?? (Joke for you oldies there!)

Number 50 will be against Manchester United (you all remember them, they used to be good!)

Looking ahead number 75 will be against Spurs!! (Nobody remembers them!)

wellard 08-30-2004 10:38 AM

<font color="#7c9bc4"> When (if) you do get the record it will be a truly magnificent feat given the highly professional state of today’s football.

(Those words stuck in my throat you suffern barstools) [img]tongue.gif[/img] </font>

Donut 08-30-2004 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by wellard:
<font color="#7c9bc4"> When (if) you do get the record it will be a truly magnificent feat given the highly professional state of today’s football.

(Those words stuck in my throat you suffern barstools) [img]tongue.gif[/img] </font>

We passed the record at 43 matches last week. You Norvern git!

Blood_Golem 08-30-2004 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Donut:
You can beat eggs and you can beat carpets!!

44 undefeated, if we get to 45 will it be a record?? (Joke for you oldies there!)

Number 50 will be against Manchester United (you all remember them, they used to be good!)

Looking ahead number 75 will be against Spurs!! (Nobody remembers them!)

Yeah, but not strictly true as they're only undefeated in the league, United knocked them out of the cup last year.

Dron_Cah 08-30-2004 04:45 PM

Uh, I'm guessing this is another one of those soccer-things. :confused: (Shrugs shoulders and walks out.)

Kakero 08-30-2004 11:06 PM

Yes, keep on winning Arsenal. Lots of people is getting rich now. hahaha! poor bookies though. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Yorick 08-31-2004 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dron_Cah:
Uh, I'm guessing this is another one of those soccer-things. :confused: (Shrugs shoulders and walks out.)
"Football" is the correct term. ;)

T-D-C 08-31-2004 02:07 AM

I prefer the term soccer.

Football is AFL, Rugby league & Rugby Union.

Donut 08-31-2004 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by T-D-C:
I prefer the term soccer.

Football is AFL, Rugby league & Rugby Union.

What a strange world you must live in where the three sports you call football are all played primaily with the hands. Shouldn't they be called "handball"?

Davros 08-31-2004 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Donut:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by wellard:

We passed the record at 43 matches last week. You Norvern git! </font>[/QUOTE]That's a couple of times Wellard has served you up his head on a platter today ;) . Looks like he has his hands full - that would be both of them :D