Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Cloudy's Cafe-A Conversation Zone-Febuary 16, 2003 (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84298)

Kaltia 02-18-2003 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Callum Kerr:

Happy Birthday Nessy... you will be in my heart forever... the first spammer i ever knew *reminiscent teardrop... [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img]

You forgot Jerome! Where Nessy is, Jerome the fallen-unfallen paladin lurks also! ARGH!
Anyways, happy birthday Lionessy, and wherever she is, I hope she returns soon!
*waves*

Horatio 02-18-2003 02:08 PM

Hi guys. Myself and my flatmate managed to scare the life out of three 12 year olds this afternoon. They kept buzzing our intercom from the street door of our flat and then running when we answered. Poor brats...didn't realise what room they were buzzing. We could see them from the living room window [img]graemlins/firedevil.gif[/img] . So i went down the stairs and hid behind the street door. My flatmate has a mask of the killer from the Scream movies, and I've got a cricket bat. Anyway, I'm just behind the street door and I heard them buzz and when they did I opened the door and ran after them. They screamed themselves hoarse. I chased them down the street, around it and down another street before I collapsed laughing. [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] I kept just behind them so as to instill the right amount of panic :D I'm still chuckling now. [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]

Anyway, happy birthday Nessy! [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] Hope everyone else is doing fine

Timber Loftis 02-18-2003 02:16 PM

Kudos to Horatio for the most creative justification and tale of ASSAULT I've seen in a long time. Cheers to you for effort buddy, but be careful the man isn't watching. ;)

Horatio 02-18-2003 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
Kudos to Horatio for the most creative justification and tale of ASSAULT I've seen in a long time. Cheers to you for effort buddy, but be careful the man isn't watching. ;)
It wasn't assualt...I didn't harm or even touch the boys. It was just a couple of guys getting back at some annoying pre-teens. And it was damn fun doing so, too :D

Timber Loftis 02-18-2003 02:31 PM

ASSAULT = an overt physical act that results in the apprehension of immenent harmful contact. You act (run, chase, brandish cricket bat), they believe you are going to hit, you have committed assault.

If you touch = BATTERY.

So, I swing my fist at your face, you see it coming = assault. It makes contact = battery. Assault and battery. You can have one without the other. I hit you on the head from behind = battery, but no assault.

So, yes, it's assault. Assault with a Deadly Weapon, in fact. Which is why you got the friendly warning.

But, it's a trap I set anyway, knowing most people don't realize the legal definition. Donut would be proud. ;)

Horatio 02-18-2003 02:34 PM

I wasn't brandishing a bat...I could've been late for a cricket game :D [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Ack, away from me, I will have none of your lawyer mind tricks that make me look foolish...oops, too late :D

[ 02-18-2003, 02:37 PM: Message edited by: Horatio ]

johnny 02-18-2003 02:37 PM

TL, in Holland we call such a thing a practical joke. :D There's no judge who would waste his time on such things. What goes around, comes around. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Attalus 02-18-2003 02:37 PM

"In vain is the snare set in the eyes of any bird." - Lord Randolph Churchill :D

*In his best Jimmy Durante voice* "Happy Birthday, Lioness, and you, too, Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are!"

Timber Loftis 02-18-2003 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Horatio:
I wasn't brandishing a bat...I could've been late for a cricket game :D [img]tongue.gif[/img]
I just might be able to get you off the hook with this defense. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Very clever indeed. :D

Attalus 02-18-2003 02:46 PM

How about the mask, Timber? Would that be a problem? Or, could you just say that he was going to run to his match so fast that the wind would burn his face? :D