Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Anomen? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59065)

Keida de'Bane 11-17-2001 02:15 PM

He's wisdom and dexterity are pretty low...I heard that once he becomes a Paladin he increases by three in each ,,,,is this true?

Barloc 11-17-2001 02:29 PM

WElCome!! [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

he doesnt become a paladin. SPOILER, when he passes his test, his wisdom goes to 16 from 12 and he becomes lafull neutral to lawful good.

Keida de'Bane 11-17-2001 02:33 PM

Thank you..I was kinda hoping his dex would go up..oh well the Gauntlets of dex for him.

Sir Exxon 11-17-2001 02:36 PM

Welcome!
What you should do is to go for Keldorn instead. Cause he can use Carsomyr, and he isn't as rude as Anomen.

Keida de'Bane 11-17-2001 02:56 PM

Yeah he is pretty much a snob..is there another Cleric? He does have some good spells and Keldorn can't cast spells...and I heard Keldorn won't stay in your party if you get Viconia....also what gives with Jaheria..how come she has more spells than a Druid should?...I started a Totemic Druid once and he had half the spells that she did.

Sir Exxon 11-17-2001 03:00 PM

If you are looking for a priest, I have three suggestions:
Jaheira
Aerie (please don't choose her, she is just [img]graemlins/1disgust.gif[/img] )
Cernd

I would have gone for Jaheira, since she is also a fighter.

Galadria 11-17-2001 03:02 PM

Other clerics are Aerie and Jahiera, as you mention, is a Druid, which have some(but not all) cleric spells. You can have a romance with Anomen, but I wouldn't let him TOUCH my mage. ;)

Barb 11-17-2001 03:17 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Sir Exxon:
If you are looking for a priest, I have three suggestions:
Jaheira
Aerie (please don't choose her, she is just [img]graemlins/1disgust.gif[/img] )
Cernd

I would have gone for Jaheira, since she is also a fighter.
<hr></blockquote>

Why does everyone dislike Aerie? She has loads of spells and...um... has loads of spells, damn i already said that..um...AT LEAST SHE HAS SPELLS!

Sir Exxon 11-17-2001 03:50 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Barb:

Why does everyone dislike Aerie? She has loads of spells and...um...has loads of spells, damn i already said that..um...AT LEAST SHE HAS SPELLS!<hr></blockquote>

Well, she might have pretty much spells, but she complains and complains and she gets killed by everything and she does'nt even have any good proficienses!
I think that speaks for itself.

Magness 11-17-2001 03:52 PM

Aside from his snotty attitude, Anomen becomes a rather useful cleric after becoming a Knight of the Radiant Heart and his levels increase. I love seeing all those undead exploding when Anomen turns undead later in the game.

Furthermore, after you equip him with the Gauntlets of Dex, Anomen becomes a very useful tank.