Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Very weird dream (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91080)

Dalamar Stormcrow 07-13-2004 07:40 AM

So I had a dream last night, about these ancient shields and swords. There were also armor pieces. So I didn't what was so special about these metal objects, but most of the population died looking for them, or thats my take. Even weirder, the cast from Back to the Future was looking for it. Now, there were only little pieces. Now there was fierce competition for these things, so many people would shoot others in possesion of it. But everytime I saw someone in the possession of the artifact, they'd just stand there. But then there would be no blood, and the person took off the skin of their forehead, and oversized grubs spewed forth. I sort of think I know where the grubs part came into my head, but what does it mean?

The Hierophant 07-13-2004 07:50 AM

Dreams don't necessarily 'mean' anything dude. They can just be random, jumbled 'flashes' of memory images playing out in your mind's eye during sleep. It sounds like you had a pretty cool dream. The only advice I can give is for you to relax and have fun with some of the crazy stuff your subconscious mind can come up with [img]smile.gif[/img]

Dalamar Stormcrow 07-13-2004 07:55 AM

No, but it seemed to well pieced together. But if it was something screwed up like Kobe being a mind flayer or Al Qaeda crashes a plane into Kim Jong Il's hair, then I'd laugh. But this was too well placed together.

The Hierophant 07-13-2004 08:02 AM

Um, ok. Doesn't sound all that well placed together to me. In fact it sounds completely and utterly random ;) But hey, maybe there is some profound meaning behind it. I guess we'll never know what it is though, since no one really knows what your dream was like, except for you. And even then, our memories of dreams tend to get fuzzier and fuzzier the longer we are awake, no?

johnny 07-13-2004 08:20 AM

Well, it sounds like a great buzz anyway. :D

quietman1920 07-13-2004 09:21 AM

He's on to us.

Harkoliar 07-13-2004 12:42 PM

Good for you, I dreamed last night I was attacked by a horde of spiders that looked vaugely familiar with harrypotter 3.. only uglier.

Sir Goulum 07-13-2004 06:25 PM

I often have story dreams, almost like I'm watching a movie or a tv show. Then, I get reruns sometimes, too. :D

[ 07-13-2004, 06:26 PM: Message edited by: Sir Goulum ]

Jaradu 07-13-2004 06:28 PM

Hehehehe... that certainly is weird :D .

If you want a challenge, here is something very fun to do. It is almost impossible, but to to realise you are having a dream during the dream. Then, you can do all kinds of crazy stuff just by imagining them.

"Yep, I wonder what would happen if a hole appeared in the floor and an army of imps sprung forth..."
*RUMBLE* ... *CRACK* ... *WHOOSH*

Sir Goulum 07-14-2004 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Jaradu:
Hehehehe... that certainly is weird :D .

If you want a challenge, here is something very fun to do. It is almost impossible, but to to realise you are having a dream during the dream. Then, you can do all kinds of crazy stuff just by imagining them.

"Yep, I wonder what would happen if a hole appeared in the floor and an army of imps sprung forth..."
*RUMBLE* ... *CRACK* ... *WHOOSH*

Heh, that'd be cool. I'd start taking of the world in my little dream world. [img]tongue.gif[/img]