Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Guns. (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75138)

MagiK 05-17-2002 08:56 PM

Should guns, hand guns, hunting rifles be made illegal for eveyrone but law enforcement?

Downunda 05-17-2002 09:08 PM

Nope! This would be unfair to the 90% of gun owners that treat guns with the respect that they deserve. Unfortunately there is no way to stop the other 10% from using firearms irresponsibly.

Personally I don't own a gun and doubt whether I'll ever need to but if they were made illegal to the general public, the 90% would be without while the 10% would find ways to get the guns illegally

johnny 05-17-2002 09:20 PM

i think it wouldn't be fair to shopowners who get mugged all the time

MagiK 05-17-2002 09:24 PM

I didn't expect replies (this is my first ever poll) [img]smile.gif[/img] I hadnt even considered that possibility [img]smile.gif[/img] Im curious about the total vote..I hope everyone will vote the way their concience dictates, its not important to me who votes how, only the final result [img]smile.gif[/img]

Cloudbringer 05-17-2002 09:28 PM

You bored, Magik? ;) :D I notice you've started several 'controversial' threads lately. Just seems like you are looking to get rebuttals. This subject was done to death a while back, if I can find the thread it was on I'll post a link. [img]smile.gif[/img]

MagiK 05-17-2002 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
You bored, Magik? ;) :D I notice you've started several 'controversial' threads lately. Just seems like you are looking to get rebuttals. This subject was done to death a while back, if I can find the thread it was on I'll post a link. [img]smile.gif[/img]
See my above comments..this was supposed to just be a poll for the numbers not a real discussion thread [img]smile.gif[/img] And well I am still working...into the 15th hour so yeah I am sort of looking for things to do [img]smile.gif[/img] But in this case it is something I was curious about...All I want is votes, I don't want to berate anyone for their stance or view.

Or conversely be berated for my views....thus I left the question for the poll very straight forward without trying to slant it in any way.

[ 05-17-2002, 09:45 PM: Message edited by: MagiK ]

Grand-Ranger 05-17-2002 09:49 PM

Meh, doesnt matter, I dont think they shoulkd be illegal but even if they wear, people would just stab each other then.

Cloudbringer 05-17-2002 09:55 PM

Yes, MagiK but some folk may not think it's a yes/no kind of question. [img]smile.gif[/img] So don't be surprised if they post more than a yes/no poll answer.

15th hour? eef! [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img] What do you do?!

[ 05-17-2002, 09:56 PM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]

MagiK 05-17-2002 09:58 PM

Quote:

Yes, MagiK but some folk may not think it's a yes/no kind of question. [img]smile.gif[/img] So don't be surprised if they post more than a yes/no poll answer.

System Administrator for an HMO. Im doing Conversions from Hewlett Packard UNIX servers to IBM AIX servers, its tedious and boring because a lot of the work gets done by the DBA's Most of my work was done several hours ago but Im needed in case they have to roll back to the HP box.

Ladyzekke 05-17-2002 10:05 PM

Quote:

Post here?