Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   3D Modeling, Artwork and Discussions (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Another Deviant (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79270)

Hivetyrant 10-07-2004 11:59 AM

Ahh my first post in this forum.
Well I decided to submit some basic stuff, if you want to see it then here are the links:
Some Eldar

Marine
(This one is quite large in resolution, I will change it soon)

[ 10-07-2004, 12:01 PM: Message edited by: Hivetyrant ]

dplax 10-07-2004 01:15 PM

Why is the first one called Eldar? IIRC eldar are a type of elves in the world of LotR.

RoSs_bg2_rox 10-07-2004 01:29 PM

dplax they are Warhammer figures. Eldar are are a race, as are Space Marines.

Nice Hive, I used to collect Marines, still have them all. Do you still collect? I remember joining your old forum but it wasn't very active...

Actually, that Marine looks a bit like my best painted one that I have ever done. I spent hours on the one guy, so as to get him in the gamesworkshop rotating glass cupboard thing.

Nice work! Very good shading. I'l be expecting more now you realise! :D

Bozos of Bones 10-07-2004 04:32 PM

Man, you, you... well.. Get out of my sight, go somewhere and DRAW!!!!!!!!! Must... see... more...

dplax 10-07-2004 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by RoSs_bg2_rox:
dplax they are Warhammer figures. Eldar are are a race, as are Space Marines.

I made a google search on eldar and it brought up about the same number of results for Tolkien-related stuff than for Warhammer related stuff. So I guess we're both right.

Hivetyrant 10-07-2004 10:55 PM

Hey, thanks guys, ill upload some more stuff when I can get my hands on a scanner.

Bozos, yeah that old forum died, and I let it. The new one though will hopefully improve somewhat, although its not active at the momment, that will all change when I finish updating the site. Im currently working on the looks.
And no, at the momment I dont collect, its too expensive for me at the momment.

Hivetyrant 10-08-2004 12:10 AM

Alright, I uploaded another pic, you can see it here

Hey, i cant talk, you guys have got some pretty nice work yourself, Bozos, your marine is quite good too, an Dplax, loving those shots(even if some are your brothers)

[ 10-08-2004, 12:16 AM: Message edited by: Hivetyrant ]

RoSs_bg2_rox 10-08-2004 09:22 AM

Very nice Hivetyrant. You are amazing at shading, and that has great detail.

Oh yeh, I was actually the one asking the questions, but heh, thanks for the answers :D

Hivetyrant 10-08-2004 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by RoSs_bg2_rox:
Oh yeh, I was actually the one asking the questions, but heh, thanks for the answers :D
Heheh whoops, sorry about that Ross, I obviously got confused with you and Bozos of bones.

Xen 10-08-2004 01:50 PM

They look very cool.