Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   *BUG* 2 sets of vigil knights + 2 Odrens!!! {*spoiler tactics*} (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20198)

TheWiSeFooL 02-19-2004 02:45 AM

Demogorgon is now slain!!!

CREDIT goes to the guy who said CONTINGENCY - PROJECT IMAGES + SPELL IMMUNITY (unfortunately NALIA did not have SPELL IMMUNITY) but anyway No1 died!
A couple of charges were used up from WAND of RESURRECTION to heal fighters ANOMEN + SAREVOK + MAIN.
THANKS for all the other helpful advice given.
Well I think I used the right TACTICS this time
This is what worked for me anyway....If any1 else needs help or think they have used better TACTICS then yeah please share.

I did not cast GATE (PIT FIENDS) cos then they turn on the PLANETARS and they in turn TURN against u!!! And that would WADE u right into the SH*T PEN!
But summoned all other creatures to buy time and keep them at bay.

Managed to SUMMON 1 PLANETAR only (an army is better)
My mages PROJECT IMAGE was still DISPELLED by TRUE SIGHT
but anway managed to cast bout 6 HORRID WILTINGS
bout 6 GREATER MALISONS
bout 8 LOWER RESISTANCES
bout 5 MISCAST MAGICS
1 REMOVE MAGIC (into the whole area)
BREACH wands and ROD of REVERSAL on MARILETHS and DEMOGORGON
bout 6-7 HOLY WORDS (planetar as well)
2 SUNRAYS
BOLT of GLORY
3 INSECT SWARMS

and then I kept pummeling the PRINCE of DEMONS with my
(ANSWERER/EQUALIZER) cloak of cheese
SAREVOK (RUNE HAMMER/AXE of UNYIELDING)
ANOMEN (FLAIL of AGES/CROM FAER)

THE BUG! [img]redface.gif[/img]

ok well heres the funny thing.....there were 2 copies of all VIGIL KNIGHTS there, the 1st set were already dead but the 2nd copy were standing around oblivious, and 2 ODRENS lying unconscious on the floor, strangely enough in this attempt to SLAY DEMOGORGON they were not accidentally hit in the crossfire!?!?! If they were hit by a SPELL or whateva they join the FIGHT against u!!!!! which makes it DOUBLY HARD!!!

After the fight I spoke to both ODRENS + got 20,000 EXP twice! oh well I guess thats good compensation 4 actually having to fight them all all of the other times!

Then I spoke to SISTER GARLENA + could still purchase items from her
wow what a BONUS LOL! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Might slay em all for EXP if no REPUTATION loss?

Lord 02-19-2004 03:16 AM

No reputation loss IIRC.
A workaround to this bug would be to control-y the extra copies.

Xen 02-19-2004 04:17 PM

You seem to write a lot with ALL CAPS. Could you stop? It seems like you`re shouting.

TheWiSeFooL 02-19-2004 08:59 PM

sorry I write caps in certain words only + not whole sentences to emphasize certain keywords, items or names
its also cos I don't think u can italize things on this board
If u can I don't know how?
If some1 can show me I'd appreci8 it!

People on this forum know by now that this is the purpose of me actually doing it. :D

Lord 02-19-2004 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by TheWiSeFooL:
sorry I write caps in certain words only + not whole sentences to emphasize certain keywords, items or names
its also cos I don't think u can italize things on this board
If u can I don't know how?
If some1 can show me I'd appreci8 it!

People on this forum know by now that this is the purpose of me actually doing it. :D

I've caught on ;) .

[i]Text here[/ i] is for italisizing, except remove that space from the i and the backslash.
[b]Text here[/ b] is for bolding. Once again, remove that space between the b and the slash.
Text here for underlining, excpet turn the []s to <> on both sides. There's other stuff like font size, marquee, font color, center, listing, etc.

Assassin 02-24-2004 10:27 PM

Note that the tags of [ /i] and such don't have a space between the [ and the /.

[ 02-24-2004, 10:28 PM: Message edited by: Assassin ]

Link 02-25-2004 01:52 PM

And that's what Lord said too, Assassin ;) I'm glad you want to change your style of writing TheWiseFool. It's kinda hard to read some of your posts the way you write them ;)

LennonCook 02-26-2004 05:01 AM

<span style="color: lightblue">For clarity sake,
[i]text[/i]
Gives:
text

[b]text[/b]
Gives:
text