Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   ??TROLL-to kill or not to kill (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59267)

kaen 11-24-2001 09:23 AM

How is a Troll killed??
I can drop them but they are then immune to further attack.
Please help......ALL TROLLS MUST DIE!!

TheMercilessGod 11-24-2001 09:26 AM

when theyre on there back shoot the thing with a fireball of acid thing

kaen 11-24-2001 09:30 AM

Thanks.....will try this.

Bokken 11-24-2001 12:20 PM

Welcome to IW Kaen!

I always have a bow as a secondary weapon for one of my players and a few acid or flame arrows to beat trolls down with. And don't forget the most important thing of all......MUST KILL!!!!! Don't let any of the buggers go!

hehe enjoy mate! Will catch ya soon [img]smile.gif[/img]

Barb 11-24-2001 12:23 PM

Welcome both of you.

Use Flame arrows
Acid arrows
potion of flamebreath
Spell-flame arrow
spell-sword of flame
spell-acid arrow

Hope this helps

Barb 11-24-2001 12:30 PM

AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!! Bokken, you beat me too it. Ohh well I'll welcome them more spectaculerly!

<marquee direction=left> <H1> [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img] <font color="maroon">H</font><font color="darkred">E</font><font color="firebrick">L</font><font color="crimson">L</font><font color="darkorange">O,</font> <font color="orange">W</font><font color="FFCC33">E</font><font color="FFFF33">L</font><font color="FFFF99">C</font><font color="CCFF99">O</font><font color="aquamarine">M</font><font color="aquamarine">E</font> <font color="aqua">T</font><font color="deepskyblue">O</font> <font color="dodgerblue">I</font><font color="blue">R</font><font color="mediumblue">O</font><font color="navy">N</font><font color="indigo">W</font><font color="darkviolet">O</font><font color="purple">R</font><font color="darkmagenta">K</font><font color="mediumorchid">S!!!</font> <font color="thistle">E</font><font color="silver">N</font><font color="slategray">J</font><font color="teal">O</font><font color="darkgreen">Y. [img]graemlins/cool.gif[/img] </font> [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img] </font></H12></marquee>

Kezardin 11-24-2001 08:51 PM

kaen,

melee weapons which inflict fire or acid damage can also be used to finish off 'grounded' trolls - one of the reasons I lurve the flail of ages :D

Kez

andrewas 11-24-2001 09:05 PM

available early on in the game :flametongue, valygars sword - poison works to, and a glitch means bleeding damage counts as poison - flail of ages, arrow of fire and acid, melfs acid arrow, fireball (use with care) ,flame arrow, a spider statue from somewhere if you want to poison, sumon spiders, again poison in melee, but at somepoint you get sword spiders which are useless for this, assasins poison, cloudkill (i think it works). i recall that someitmes you can chunk them and that works, but i dont know if thats BG or not. the druid spell flame sword.

thats some of the more obvious way. much later on , with ToB installed, you can get such powerful artifacts as a club of detonation, andurval the burning sword, and numerous others.
both of the ones i mentioned can be found in a certain keep, if you want to die quickly.