Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Daystar (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50128)

Father Bronze 01-12-2001 12:35 AM

Daystar easily kills the elemental lich which you have to bypass to get the sword.

Spoiler:

I usually go to the tavern in the City Gates, haste a character (thief). Go into the tomb. When the lich turns red -- run. When the lich follows me into the tavern, I run back into the tomb and steal Daystar. At that point, the lich usually follows me back into the tomb. I run back into the tavern, Datystar in hand. Run out of the tavern and close the door. I switch Daystar to my best fighter -- again hasted, and head in to do some serious damage. If I can get close to the lich, hit a few times and run into the tomb or the tavern when he starts casting a spell, I take him out in no time at all. I don't even need to use Sunray. Thus the cat catches the mouse. I don't know about other liches, but this one is toast -- all thanks to Daystar.

G.W. 01-12-2001 12:58 AM

The reason the weapon had no effect might have been because the lich had stone skin up? They still say that when it has that sort of protection up. Sunray is a level 7-8 mage spell, so it's well worth keeping for the effect.

Desdicado 01-12-2001 05:02 AM

Guys,

With daystar you are meant to get a bonus to hit evil opponents, if I remember correctly.
I have had problems hitting things like Liches with it. Anyone else experience this?.

Arak 01-12-2001 05:14 AM

Hmm, don't think i ever fought a lich with the Daystar equiped, it should be a good sword against such foes, now why didnt i try that?!?

Desdicado 01-12-2001 05:19 AM

Yes, you would think so, my paladin used that +5 T H sword, my main fighter used the vorpal sword and my fighter / thief used the daystar, got quite a few "my weapon has no effect" from my fighter / thief. Hit sometimes though, strange.

Memnoch 01-12-2001 05:34 AM

First and only time i used the Daystar was against Kangaxx. Didn't do shit to him so I sold it. I think it must be a bug of some kind as it is supposed to be a +4 weapon against undead.

Desdicado 01-12-2001 05:48 AM

Very annoying, would be a good weapon if it performed as it was supposed to.

"Hell Lich" Wah 01-12-2001 06:58 AM

Well Daystar did over 1000 points of damage to a Lich for me so I rank it Number 1 weapon!!

Then I modifyed it to become even powerfuller than the Holy Avenger + 5!!

Desdicado 01-12-2001 07:01 AM

Interesting, did you install the patch or modify it b4 it did the 1k damage?.

Magness 01-12-2001 10:53 AM

I'd guess that Wah did the 1k damage to a Lich using Daystar's 1/day Sunray ability. THAT is Sunray's best ability. Sunray can clean out a room full of any sort of undead you wish to name!!!