Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   I can't win... spoilers included... (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19141)

Vinetou 06-01-2002 02:49 PM

When i arrive to North Forest Gorion shows up, and after some talking he changes to something and he attacks me with vampiric mists and devil shades. I just can't win this fight without let anyone die or getting level drained. Any non-cheating advices?

[ 06-01-2002, 02:51 PM: Message edited by: Vinetou ]

Ar-Cunin 06-01-2002 04:09 PM

If you a high lvl cleric in your party - turn undead. You should destroy (good) or gain control (evil) over most of the enemies.

have as have members with negative plane protection - either from items or spells.

use summoned monsters to attack (get them as far forward before triggering the cut-scene where gorion/master-wraith appears) - then retreat and get organised agian while your summoned monsters take the initial attack.

Hope this helps [img]smile.gif[/img]

Calaethis Dragonsbane 06-02-2002 06:16 AM

I personally would retreat... if i was afraid of the lvl drain; then what I'd do would be to have my clerics turn undead, and have a mage cast 'timestop' and whack em with some powerful spells; if you have an evil cler, theres a 'good' chance of some of the enemy join you, at least for a while. Or of course, just attack head on, and have a cleric cast 'greater resotation' every so often. btw did you complete SoA, theres an item Aran linval gives ya, a necklace, which makes you immune to lvl drain, there are a couple of other anti lvl drain about, but I cant think of any off hand.

Cristian 06-02-2002 07:37 AM

cast icestorm and get away so u dont hurt ur self then use magic missile thta will hurt them i think then summon as many monsters as possible and let them stand and fight after that the enemies should be pretty hurt then u should be able to kill them

Cristian 06-04-2002 11:03 AM

Did it work any good?

Rimjaw 06-04-2002 11:23 AM

The fight is tough, but not overly difficult. Turn undead works wonders in this fight and typical anti-undead spells to mop up the rest. Go for the Gorion impersonator first.

Mellagar 06-04-2002 11:36 AM

Another good tactic, one that works as well as the turning undead is, if you have this sword, use the Daystar you should have swiped from SoA. One good zap with that and the turning undead, they'll drop like insects.

Tanoch Thas'ala 06-04-2002 01:26 PM

Off topic, but something some one posted above made a light go on. My male Paladin and Viconia always attempt to turn undead. The other day, I was watching the dialog box and noticed that once the undead had been taken control of by Viconia, she was trying to turn Tristam, my Paladin!!!

Dundee Slaytern 06-06-2002 12:26 AM

Another... less subtle 'tactic' is to prepare 3 Abi-Dalzim's Horrid Wiltings in a Chain Contingency set to trigger when an enemy is sighted, and target the nearest enemy.

That plus a couple of Sunrays will be very effective... ...

Ted Bigfoot 06-06-2002 09:56 AM

You could always use a Protection From Undead scroll on one of your tanks. Keep the rest of the party back and watch the masacre unfold. You can purchase a couple of these scrolls at the temple in the main village (with the monks - I forget the name).