Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Celebs playing Halo 2 early?!?!?! (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92041)

Hivetyrant 10-25-2004 11:37 PM

WTF??? How is this going to be entertaining for US???

VH1, have decided to make a show where a bumch of celebraties play Halo 2 before the rest of us.

Quote:

It's called the "Halo 2" Council, a seven-member celebrity clique of fanatics of the video game "Halo." For their love of the game, council members Hoobastank, Incubus, Linkin Park; actors Wilmer Valderrama ("That '70s Show"), Benjamin McKenzie ("The O.C."), and Aisha Tyler ("Friends"); and New York Giants star Jeremy Shockey will soon be rewarded with the greatest gift one could give to a "Halo" obsessive: an early copy of "Halo 2," the sequel to the groundbreaking 2001 first-person shooter that the rest of us must wait until November 9 to take home.

Advance copies of "Halo 2," as well as just about every other Xbox game, are only the tip of the iceberg for council members. A more coveted prize is the "Halo 2" Pelican Case, a portable Xbox console enclosed in a suitcase personalized with a bronze placard. Inside, a 15-inch, flat-screen, high-definition TV is supported by a pair of hydraulic lifts that push the screen forward when the case is opened. Two controllers, an Xbox live headset and Ethernet connection are also included for online and head-to-head play.

T-D-C 10-25-2004 11:47 PM

Man thats not fair! I want one of those cases. How awsome would that be. You pull up to a internet cafe or a wi-fi hotspot, whip out the case and your playing online!

Blind_Prophet 10-26-2004 12:35 AM

Buy a forigen copy and play it now

T-D-C 10-26-2004 12:50 AM

They have those cases for sale ? I thought they were like a promotion things for it.

Cool! Im going to start Looking

T/-/alali 10-26-2004 08:36 PM

Actually, I don't think they're for sale... And there are no foreign copies of halo 2, it was made right here in the US of A. The only way I know is that highly illegal leak that people have downloaded and played on modded xboxes. but they're getting slammed hard! 100k fine for downloading it.

Kakero 10-26-2004 08:56 PM

Maybe someone from US can buy it for you.

/)eathKiller 10-26-2004 10:50 PM

Thats not entertaining to me at all. Enraging is what that is. Bungie doing celebrety endorsements, wtf!?

Hivetyrant 10-26-2004 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by T/-/alali:
The only way I know is that highly illegal leak that people have downloaded and played on modded xboxes.
lol, the funniest thing is that the leaked version is in French, so it would be a dodgy download.

Blind_Prophet 10-27-2004 10:48 AM

See i told you foriegn copy

Jonas Strider 10-27-2004 01:51 PM

French huh? So that's the ticket. My friend had mentioned he had played Halo 2 and liked it very much but could not understand it. He wished it was in english. Hmmm, I don't think he knew.