Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Cloudy's Cafe, a conversation zone-May 31, 2004 (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90230)

Lady Blue03 05-31-2004 10:48 PM

the original thread is here

the previous thread is here:

<H2><font color="plum">Cloudy's Cafe</font></H2>

Come in, be welcome, be comfortable, be yourself

Welcome to Cloudy's Cafe, a place to have a cup of coffee or a good
darjeeling and the finest in conversation and camaraderie.

The proprietor asks that you follow a few simple guidelines:

<H3>this is a real conversation zone, not a role-play zone</H3>

* no flaming; if you disagree with a viewpoint expressed by any patron, please do so in a civil manner

* any topic is fair game, but keep posts to the standards that Ziroc has set for the entire forum, please (ie: foul language is not appropriate and things should be suitable for all audiences)
-a side note from Cloudy: I see this as a place for those short
conversations about a new baby or the latest soccer fiasco, not for things that are big enough to warrant their own threads, by all means give those things the space they need and post separately!

* Please, no one word or smiley posts (Ziroc has declared them 'real spam' and the proprietor doesn't want the reputuation of "good spam" to suffer!)

* do feel free to be serious or silly and enjoy the company of others while you are here. By all means POST if you have something to say, even to start another topic , we can handle multiple chats, we're a CAFE!!! But be courteous and don't disrupt a conversation just to disrupt it.

Come on in! The bar is stocked with coffees, teas, juices and waters from around the world. And purple napkins, of course!

<font color="pink">The lighting is low, the golden oak counters and tables glow with inviting warmth. Near the window, the lighting is brighter, as comfy, plush leather armchairs wait for those who'd like to read a book while relaxing to music or just lazily watch the world go by.</font>

Brought to you by <font color=lightblue>Lady Blue</font>, Offical Waitress and entertainment provider of Cloudy's Cafe [img]graemlins/music01.gif[/img]

johnny 05-31-2004 10:56 PM

First post. :D

Lady Blue03 05-31-2004 11:02 PM

<font color=pink>Evening everyone! I just got back from our local mountain that we board at. No snow there of course, but it was really warm so got some tanning done at the lake. Stayed the night at Em's cabin with four other friends of ours...woo did we get wasted, lol *shh*
Well I won't get into details, but it was a really excellent weekend, and I ended up coming home with half a bottle of Bailey's, 2 bottles of Bacardi Silver R, and 3 bottles of Mike's Hard Lemonade [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Been chugging water all day -_- just finished some leftover chicken from Chilis and am feeling sleepy, see you all later ;) </font>

True_Moose 05-31-2004 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lady Blue03:
<font color=pink>
Well I won't get into details, but it was a really excellent weekend, and I ended up coming home with half a bottle of Bailey's, 2 bottles of Bacardi Silver R, and 3 bottles of Mike's Hard Lemonade [img]tongue.gif[/img] </font>

Well, if you had that much left, it can't be all that bad can it. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I had grad this weekend, and it was interesting, I think. To be honest, there are 6 hours which I can't remember... [img]graemlins/uhoh1.gif[/img]

Firestormalpha 05-31-2004 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by johnny:
First post. :D
Yeah, but it's spam so it doesn't count [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Well, Not too much is new today. Got my GED exams in two days, I'm expecting to do well (if not set the record) on them. Thank you to all the 'well wishers'; your support is much appreciated.

Oh yeah, this friday I'm goin to a sleep-over/lock-in with one of the bible study groups. They're a bunch of middle school (6-8th grade) boys, I'm morale support for the class leader. Anyways the next day there's a fund raiser car wash at a local fitness center. We'd have it at our own property but there's not enough traffic to meet our goal (100 cars in 4 hours).

There's more, but I'm already seeing some people fall asleep in the back.

Nanobyte 05-31-2004 11:37 PM

Woe is me.
For overcrowded my mouth has become, and now pain do I endure.

And I just want it to stop! [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]

Jaradu 05-31-2004 11:46 PM

Hi all [img]smile.gif[/img] . I don't often come into the cafe because I never know what to talk about, but I'm feeling a little thirsty right now... Hey, can I have your drink Nanobyte? I assume that's what you're talking about. Although nothing fizzy for me, I can't have any sugar at all because of these dang new contraptions... watcher-mer-call'ems... Braces. No chocolate or ice-cream for a year :( ! Ah well, so how's everyone else getting on? True Moose, I think that's a sign to panic - find out what happened ASAP!! ;)

wellard 06-01-2004 06:35 AM

Jardu can I just say that your sig made me LOL. [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img] Top stuff

RevRuby 06-01-2004 08:24 AM

good morning all! bright and early i am up. got a cold took some dayquil, we got a car on saturday, it's a spiffy toyota camry. gotta get my license renewed today. yay!

that's my life. oh yeh kids are growing.

fsa sounds like you're having fun. ged? i should think about one. since my parents havn't paid off the private school they forced me to go to, i have graduated but i don't have a diploma. was it difficult?

well i', gonna go. gotta eat some breakfast and give penndot a call.

Stratos 06-01-2004 09:30 AM

Good afternoon everyone!