Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Amazon.com to have Harry Potter in (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73438)

Arvon 02-10-2002 02:00 PM

late May on DVD. Here are some of the details:
Edition Details:
• Region 1 encoding (US and Canada only)
• Color, Closed-captioned, Widescreen
• TM & © Warner Bros. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K. Rowling.
• Two disc set
• Never-before-seen footage
• 360 Degree Self-guided tour of Hogwarts
• New interviews with director Chris Columbus and producer David Heyman
• Learn to how play Quidditch
• Meet the ghosts of Hogwarts
• Cast a spell over a scene in 8 languages
• Mix potions, perform transfigurations, sneak past Fluffy, explore Diagon Alley, have a wand choose you, catch a snitch and much, much more
• Theatrical trailers
• DVD-ROM PC Features: Collect Wizard trading cards, Be Sorted by the Sorting Hat, Download screensaver and Remembrall, Receive owl e-mails, Link to the web
• Widescreen anamorphic format

[ 02-10-2002: Message edited by: Arvon ]</p>

Pangur Ban 02-10-2002 04:58 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Arvon:
late May on DVD. Here are some of the details:
Edition Details:
• Region 1 encoding (US and Canada only)
• Color, Closed-captioned, Widescreen
• TM & © Warner Bros. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K. Rowling.
• Two disc set
• Never-before-seen footage
• 360 Degree Self-guided tour of Hogwarts
• New interviews with director Chris Columbus and producer David Heyman
• Learn to how play Quidditch
• Meet the ghosts of Hogwarts
• Cast a spell over a scene in 8 languages
• Mix potions, perform transfigurations, sneak past Fluffy, explore Diagon Alley, have a wand choose you, catch a snitch and much, much more
• Theatrical trailers
• DVD-ROM PC Features: Collect Wizard trading cards, Be Sorted by the Sorting Hat, Download screensaver and Remembrall, Receive owl e-mails, Link to the web
• Widescreen anamorphic format

[ 02-10-2002: Message edited by: Arvon ]
<hr></blockquote>

Sounds great !!
I hope its not much longer after this before the DVD is released for region 4.

Blade 02-10-2002 10:01 PM

If you watch it on your comp. you could get a regional decoder, but that might be to much trouble.

Larry_OHF 02-10-2002 10:29 PM

<font color=skyblue>Great news to hear, Arvon!

Now, I need to decide if I wanna buy a DVD for my PC or for the TV...
:(
decisions, decisions...</font>

Ziroc 02-11-2002 02:16 AM

I had to delete 2 posts in this thread. This post was meant to let you know about the release of the DVD, NOT to slam the movie. I'm so sick of seeing someone post some good info, and then the thread goes of into a tangent of 'I hate that' or 'It's crap'.. If you don't like it, that's cool, just ignore it.. or post in the Books/Movies forum to the Harry Potter slamfest. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I'm doing this in RESPECT to Arvon. Thanks for the info!!

norompanlasolas 02-11-2002 07:18 AM

lots of extras in harry's dvd. the franchise is well taken care of. [img]smile.gif[/img]

btw, does anybody know when the dvd of lotr, the fellowship is going to be released? if they just put in there the deleted scenes that couldnt fit into the movie, its going to be awesome. 45 minutes worth of extras in that thing alone.

Memnoch 02-11-2002 08:25 AM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Ziroc:
I had to delete 2 posts in this thread. This post was meant to let you know about the release of the DVD, NOT to slam the movie. I'm so sick of seeing someone post some good info, and then the thread goes of into a tangent of 'I hate that' or 'It's crap'.. If you don't like it, that's cool, just ignore it.. or post in the Books/Movies forum to the Harry Potter slamfest. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I'm doing this in RESPECT to Arvon. Thanks for the info!!
<hr></blockquote>

What *is* wrong with everyone at the moment? I've seen too many instances lately of people all too ready to slam other people, or not care about who they slam to make their opinion heard.

There's a big difference between being a Rebel and a Rebel Without A Clue.

Epona 02-11-2002 09:22 AM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
<font color=skyblue>Great news to hear, Arvon!

Now, I need to decide if I wanna buy a DVD for my PC or for the TV...
:(
decisions, decisions...</font>
<hr></blockquote>

That's a tough one Larry. I have a DVD-ROM for my PC, it wasn't too expensive considering it was a x16. Having said that, I don't play movies on it and am considering getting a dedicated DVD player for my TV.

If you have TV out on your PC, that is one thing, but I don't and my PC is upstairs in the study, while my TV is downstairs - and my house already has so many cables it looks like a recording studio! And I like to watch movies from my armchair, rather than sat on a desk chair staring at a 17" monitor - not the same, and you get popcorn in the keyboard...

EDITING: LOL, LOL, I never used to have TV out on my PC - but I do since upgrading - it is the distance from my TV that means I never use it...

[ 02-11-2002: Message edited by: Epona ]</p>

Arvon 02-11-2002 11:04 AM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Pangur Ban:

Sounds great !!
I hope its not much longer after this before the DVD is released for region 4.
<hr></blockquote>You might take a quick check of the Amazon.com in your area. They may have posted somthing for your area.

DiabloRex 02-11-2002 12:40 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by norompanlasolas:
lots of extras in harry's dvd. the franchise is well taken care of. [img]smile.gif[/img]

btw, does anybody know when the dvd of lotr, the fellowship is going to be released? if they just put in there the deleted scenes that couldnt fit into the movie, its going to be awesome. 45 minutes worth of extras in that thing alone.
<hr></blockquote>

August for the regular dvd

November for the dvd with the 45min extra

Yes they sure know how to get the most soap out of it :angry: