Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   just finished - unanswered questions (poss. spoilers..) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8568)

syrneia 07-09-2002 03:42 PM

uh - hello all
love the support found on these pages...
Thoroughly enjoyed BGII, just 'killed' Irenicus
is there any way to get back to the world to wander around..?
did anyone find the way i did to avoid losing hp & dex points against Selfish demon?
is there any way to get the light gem (even cheat) to free the elven girl trapped in the forest dungeons (ranger quest)? the game takes it (?) after defeating the shadow dragon and i am under the impression freeing her opens up a quest...plus i feel awful about forgetting her there...
i think i have a pretty kick-*ss elven ranger with some nice stats from BGI but have no basis of comparison..
would anyone like to compare..?

in gaming,

Calaethis Dragonsbane 07-09-2002 03:45 PM

welcome. nice to meet a fellow elven ranger. erm, would love to help you, just dont have time right now..

SixOfSpades 07-09-2002 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by syrneia:
uh - hello all
is there any way to get back to the world to wander around..?

Nope, sorry. Any quests you left unfinished before you went off to the final showdown are going to have to stay unfinished, even if you play ToB, the expansion.

did anyone find the way i did to avoid losing hp & dex points against Selfish demon?
Well, the way to avoid losing your stats to the Selfish demon is to be Selfish. Were you?

is there any way to get the light gem (even cheat) to free the elven girl trapped in the forest dungeons (ranger quest)? the game takes it (?) after defeating the shadow dragon and i am under the impression freeing her opens up a quest...plus i feel awful about forgetting her there...
I've never done the Ranger quests, so I can't help you there.

i think i have a pretty kick-*ss elven ranger with some nice stats from BGI but have no basis of comparison..[QB]
I think my best stats ever were on a Cleric/Mage: 25/23/21/22/24/21, or something like that. His STR was held up by the Crom Faeyr (his natural STR was 6 or 7), but the rest of the stats are just him. Dayum.

in gaming,

Sazerac 07-09-2002 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by syrneia:
uh - hello all

Are you talking about Mazzy? It's not a light gem you need, it's the key of the Shadow Jailer. He drops it when you defeat him, pretty much in front of her cell.

-Sazerac

syrneia 07-12-2002 01:18 PM

oh thank you saberac!
i'm pretty sure i have that key! yay

and dragon, i was not selfish (it would have cost me my ranger class) - but i did find a way out of it!! anyone else?

thank you folks, great forum

Dundee Slaytern 07-13-2002 11:32 PM

There is a bug whereby if you sent a party member through the doors instead of your PC, you will not receive the negative modifiers. This bug is rectified by the Baldurdash Fixpack, which also fixes other more annoying bugs.

syrneia 07-15-2002 02:28 PM

nope i didn't have that bug, but i've already covered that in another topic :}
Quote:

25/23/21/22/24/21, or something like that. His STR was held up by the Crom Faeyr (his natural STR was 6 or 7), but the rest of the stats are just him.
i guess i'm wondering what people's 'natural' stats are {without equipped item/gear modifiers} - those are some pretty cranked stats though - whoa i can't compare to that...
i guess i should play ToB now hmm?