Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Cloudy's Cafe-a conversation zone, May 14, 2004 (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90098)

Lady Blue03 05-15-2004 01:42 AM

the original thread is here

the previous thread is here:

<H2><font color="plum">Cloudy's Cafe</font></H2>

Come in, be welcome, be comfortable, be yourself

Welcome to Cloudy's Cafe, a place to have a cup of coffee or a good
darjeeling and the finest in conversation and camaraderie.

The proprietor asks that you follow a few simple guidelines:

<H3>this is a real conversation zone, not a role-play zone</H3>

* no flaming; if you disagree with a viewpoint expressed by any patron, please do so in a civil manner

* any topic is fair game, but keep posts to the standards that Ziroc has set for the entire forum, please (ie: foul language is not appropriate and things should be suitable for all audiences)
-a side note from Cloudy: I see this as a place for those short
conversations about a new baby or the latest soccer fiasco, not for things that are big enough to warrant their own threads, by all means give those things the space they need and post separately!

* Please, no one word or smiley posts (Ziroc has declared them 'real spam' and the proprietor doesn't want the reputuation of "good spam" to suffer!)

* do feel free to be serious or silly and enjoy the company of others while you are here. By all means POST if you have something to say, even to start another topic , we can handle multiple chats, we're a CAFE!!! But be courteous and don't disrupt a conversation just to disrupt it.

Come on in! The bar is stocked with coffees, teas, juices and waters from around the world. And purple napkins, of course!

<font color="pink">The lighting is low, the golden oak counters and tables glow with inviting warmth. Near the window, the lighting is brighter, as comfy, plush leather armchairs wait for those who'd like to read a book while relaxing to music or just lazily watch the world go by.</font>

Brought to you by <font color=lightblue>Lady Blue</font>, Offical Waitress and entertainment provider of Cloudy's Cafe [img]graemlins/music01.gif[/img]

Lady Blue03 05-15-2004 01:45 AM

<font color=pink>Good evening everyone. I saw Troy today. Great movie, especially if you like nekkid Brad Pitt :D Also FINALLY bought Boondock Saints, just finished watching that.

I'm about to head off to bed. Gotta get up early tomorrow, have a flight with my brother and I need to look over the PTS before I sleep because I know he'll drill me on it [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Hope you all had good days! Night night [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] </font>

Stormymystic 05-15-2004 02:17 AM

good luck Lady..night

Attalus 05-15-2004 10:19 AM

Have a good day, Jen, and fly carefully. [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img]

johnny 05-15-2004 11:17 AM

First post !!! And i don't care what the others say, i was here first. :D

Sythe 05-15-2004 05:53 PM

Yeah you're right Johnny! The first spammer to post here! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Though unfortunately you have not replied to this topic first.

[ 05-15-2004, 05:55 PM: Message edited by: Sythe ]

Arledrian 05-15-2004 06:06 PM

Stormy's back? Woohoo, me, Johnny, and Vask get to make fun again. :D

It's so hot out today - 30c (90f) - that's high for Maine. I'd like to sit out and enjoy it but I have too much to get on with. Take it easy everybody.

Stormymystic 05-15-2004 06:06 PM

my mom is going to give me the hard drive out of her computer, so I hope it works, and I can get my computer working and up, so I can download Z's mod for NWN :D I have been busy hanging curtains, moving beds, and putting up a new one, now I have to go through the house and hem the curtains, because they are to long, but look nice in here.
I have been here over 24 hours and you just now notice???? gee I see how loved I am around here [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 05-15-2004, 06:08 PM: Message edited by: Stormymystic ]

Megabot 05-15-2004 06:53 PM

Nekkid Brad "Pitt" must be terrible geeeees good luck with that one LB lol :D

And how are you doing Stormymystic long time no see was worried about you, you know.....

[ 05-15-2004, 06:56 PM: Message edited by: Megabot ]

Stormymystic 05-15-2004 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Megabot:
Nekkid Brad "Pitt" must be terrible geeeees good luck with that one LB lol :D

And how are you doing Stormymystic long time no see was worried about you, you know.....

how many times will I have to say I am sorry? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
I am doing ok, could be worse, but could be better, verrrryyyy tired at the moment, mother-in-law decided to rearrange my home for me, and I did most of the lifting :/ and now have to re-clean the front part, and fold lots of sheets, re-make my bed, hubby decided to take a nap before going back to work tonight, and now I am hungry. he is gone, no car, and no longer in walking distance of a store [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img] so have to wait and hope he makes it back here before he has to drive for the wedding, otherwise I might start eating animal crackers
anyway, back to work for me, I will be busy the rest of the night with everything that has to be done, have to also re-hang the curtains in the living room, they did not meet with her approval [img]graemlins/evillaughter1.gif[/img]

Firestormalpha 05-15-2004 10:20 PM

Woohoo, my friend finally has the Youth group webpage up. :D

Here's a link: CBGStudents, if your interested in checking it out.

Actually this is just the static page, there's gonna be one up in Flash at a later date.

P.S. Is this the rumored Mother in Law horror that many married people have to deal with Stormy? Hope you get everything settled in quickly btw.

[ 05-15-2004, 10:22 PM: Message edited by: Firestormalpha ]

Gangrell 05-15-2004 10:37 PM

Hey, Stormy has returned, good to see you again :D Sorry to hear you going through that though, hope everything gets better soon [img]smile.gif[/img]

Having a good time myself right now, got done watching Bruce Almighty and now I'm diving back into the Dark Elf Trilogy, great series. I have to hand it to Salvatore, he knows how to write.

Stormymystic 05-16-2004 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Firestormalpha:

P.S. Is this the rumored Mother in Law horror that many married people have to deal with Stormy? Hope you get everything settled in quickly btw.

actually, this may sound bad, but I love my mother in law better than my own mother, she is just trying to help me, and is kinda set in her ways, but she is a good woman, just annoying at times [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]
p.s. hiya gangrell

p.s.s...some one please remind me not to watch scary movies alone again, now I am hearing noises, lol

[ 05-16-2004, 12:21 AM: Message edited by: Stormymystic ]

Lady Blue03 05-16-2004 12:56 AM

<font color=pink>Evening again everyone. Had a great flight with my bro today [img]smile.gif[/img] We went to Chilis for lunch afterwards, then I got to play World of Warcraft while he and his friend went and saw Troy. I'm already addicted and I only played for 3 hours *drool*

Well, time to register for an online history class for the summer...*sigh* Have a good night everyone [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] </font>

True_Moose 05-16-2004 01:19 AM

Just droppin' by, haven't been to the Cafe in a while!

Strained my back today, so just been vegging out since then. Good day though, only 2 more weeks till grad. :D

Lord 05-16-2004 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by True_Moose:
Just droppin' by, haven't been to the Cafe in a while!

Strained my back today, so just been vegging out since then. Good day though, only 2 more weeks till grad. :D

Haven't dropped by in the cafe for a couple of months myself.
I'm out of my first year of college this Friday! I'm almost there! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Hiram Sedai 05-16-2004 09:52 AM

Happy Birfday to me!! My lovely girlfriend/fiance (Dragonmage) threw me a wonderful party yesterday for my 35th birthday. Plenty of cake and ice cream.

I think this is my first post for 2004 on IW.

How are ya'all doing?

Stormymystic 05-16-2004 10:02 AM

well happy birthday to you [img]smile.gif[/img] glad you had fun

Stormymystic 05-16-2004 11:11 AM

I just read the where is stormy thread [img]smile.gif[/img] nice to know people do care, and I decided to let everyone know, my husband still got the premotion, and that is why we moved, just not where we wanted to go, but it is closer to where his "kids" are. he is driving for medicaid now(same company) and picks up alot of mentally challanged adults, who are about like kids, so that is what he calls them, lol, anyway, we are far away from his boss, and in a hidden area, so it is hard to find, my brother got lost yesterday trying to find it [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] we are closer to his family, yet far enough away that they do not pop in unannouced, the neighborhood is very quiet, with lots of trees around, lots of shade, plus we now have a king size bed, so no more fighting over it. the email is back working, but the phone is not, going to get a special phone in the house for me later this week, also, I am getting all of my stuff taken care of, which is why there are alot of surgeries ahead, but it will fix things I hope, I will post more about what is happening later this week, but for now this should be enough to explain things [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Megabot 05-16-2004 12:50 PM

Dont say you are sorry to me anymore if you dont want to lol i have not seen any post from you the last 6 months,,,anyway but you are a great girl i like so i hope all i fine with you that is all hon!! nothing more since i allmost never are on here it is cool to see yah again [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Stormymystic 05-16-2004 12:58 PM

true [img]tongue.gif[/img] I had not seen you for monhts before I disappeared, anyway, glad to see you again too, I will probably not be on tomorrow, got to to see the dentsist :/ and I do not like them lol, oh well, see you guys later maybe [img]smile.gif[/img]

Mack_Attack 05-16-2004 04:44 PM

Hiram happy birfday(check your spelling lol).

Well I had a very busy weekend. My dad came to help me put up a fence and the wife was gone for the weekend. Not to sure how she pulled that one. But the fence looks good now I can keep the bears out and Sydney in. ;)

Attalus 05-16-2004 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lady Blue03:
<font color=pink>Evening again everyone. Had a great flight with my bro today [img]smile.gif[/img] We went to Chilis for lunch afterwards, then I got to play World of Warcraft while he and his friend went and saw Troy. I'm already addicted and I only played for 3 hours *drool*

Well, time to register for an online history class for the summer...*sigh* Have a good night everyone [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] </font>

Good night, Jen. *Sigh* I haven't gotten to see Troy, yet, but I'm gonna. Didja know that Chili's started in a cafe just up the street from whehe I used to live? They had "The Old-Timer" on the menu then, too.

wellard 05-16-2004 07:50 PM

Wow the cafe ihas got that old time feel to it again today. G'day everyone! (ive sent you a pm stormy)

Mack-attack, a fence to keep the bears out! strewth :eek: I think your neighbourhood is a bit different to mine [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

Stormymystic 05-16-2004 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by wellard:
Wow the cafe ihas got that old time feel to it again today. G'day everyone! (ive sent you a pm stormy)

Mack-attack, a fence to keep the bears out! strewth :eek: I think your neighbourhood is a bit different to mine [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

and I sent you one back [img]tongue.gif[/img] I agree a fence to keep out bears is not a good place to live, lol but can understand the need to keep a kid in, they tend to wander further than we would like, and sometimes faster than we need :D

Lady Blue03 05-16-2004 11:41 PM

<font color=pink>I think you told me that a year or 2 ago, Bill. I think we eat at Chilis at least once a weak, and I always get either a chicken ceasar salad or chicken ceasar pita. The way they grill their chicken is the best, as is their ceasar dressing :D </font>

canadianvixen 05-16-2004 11:59 PM

<font color=aqua>Wow! It's like a family reunion. Everyone is suddly coming back. I've been away for ummm...well slightly more than a year I think, but it was great to see so many familar faces. Hi to Cloudy, LB, Wellard, Attalas, True Moose, Stormy, Mellegar, and Johnny. Summer must be just around the corner!. </end font>

Calaethis Dragonsbane 05-17-2004 12:17 AM

Hello all. Just lurking - again. So you got Boondock Saints, Jen? Tis a good film [img]smile.gif[/img] .

Got back from my cousin's wedding - which was yesterday - today - after a six hour long drive. Twas nice. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Quote:

Originally posted by Attalus:
Hi, CD, WB? I have a great NWN module for you, where you can rescue Aribeth, if you haven't already seen it.
Ahhh - sorry I didn't see this before - was attending a wedding - heh - whats it called?

How are you anyway? Its been a while.

[ 05-17-2004, 12:27 AM: Message edited by: Calaethis Dragonsbane ]

Lady Blue03 05-17-2004 02:16 AM

<font color=pink>Canadianvixen...I think I remember you, lol. Nice to see you back :D Summer is indeed around the corner, and so is the end of school. Less than a week left :D </font>

Attalus 05-17-2004 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Calaethis Dragonsbane:
Hello all. Just lurking - again. So you got Boondock Saints, Jen? Tis a good film [img]smile.gif[/img] .

Got back from my cousin's wedding - which was yesterday - today - after a six hour long drive. Twas nice. [img]smile.gif[/img]

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Attalus:
Hi, CD, WB? I have a great NWN module for you, where you can rescue Aribeth, if you haven't already seen it.

Ahhh - sorry I didn't see this before - was attending a wedding - heh - whats it called?

How are you anyway? Its been a while.
</font>[/QUOTE]It's called "Aribeth's Revival." There are two versions, one for if you have Hordes of the Underdark, and another if you just have Shadows of Undrentide. I like the former better. Look here. We are fine, thanks. Jen, Carson and Will will be out in two and three weeks, respectively.

Epona 05-17-2004 10:54 AM

Hello everyone!
Beautiful day here in South London, am off to do some grocery shopping in a mo and maybe have a walk in the sun.
How is everyone?

Attalus 05-17-2004 01:30 PM

Hi, there, Epona. [img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img] Enjoy your walk. Wish I was there to join you. [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img]

Mack_Attack 05-17-2004 02:00 PM

Originally posted by wellard:

Yes well I live About 200 KM Northwest of Edmonton(I once lived in Edmonton but have not changed it in my profile). Anyways I live in a small 2500 population community and we have no other small towns around us. So we are right in this forest and yes we have bears in it. And the back of my house looks right into this forest so there is no houses behind me. And if someone keeps there garbage out then the bears start to come around. And stupid me I left are garbage out last night and sure enough a bear got into it. I was also talking to the people up the street and they told me that they ran a bear off last night. So it makes sense that my garbage was all over the place. :D

And Stormy it is actually not a bad place to live other then the bears but it is not like they are always around. Either way I know you did not have any ill intention in saying it is a bad place to live. ;)

Well another nice day here going outside to water the plants and get some sun.

[ 05-17-2004, 02:07 PM: Message edited by: Mack_Attack ]

Bungleau 05-17-2004 02:17 PM

Reminds me of something I read a while back... some kind of interview with a park ranger, where the ranger said that his problems "occured where the smarter animals and dumber people started to cross over".

Calaethis Dragonsbane 05-17-2004 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Attalus:
It's called "Aribeth's Revival." There are two versions, one for if you have Hordes of the Underdark, and another if you just have Shadows of Undrentide. I like the former better.
Cheers [img]smile.gif[/img] . I've already downloaded it - I'll be sure to take a look at it soon :D

Stormymystic 05-17-2004 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mack_Attack:

And Stormy it is actually not a bad place to live other then the bears but it is not like they are always around. Either way I know you did not have any ill intention in saying it is a bad place to live. ;)

Well another nice day here going outside to water the plants and get some sun. [/QB]
sorry bout that, did not mean it in a bad way, was just teasing about the bears :/. think I will always have that tendency to say the wrong waords :D anyways have a good day all, just back from the dentist, am in a lot of pain at the moment, and have to wait till hubby gets off work to get my feel better pills ;)

Mack_Attack 05-17-2004 03:36 PM

Ahhhhh Feel better pills those the red ones or the blue ones.

P.S I know you did not mean anything about the living comment I love my getto. ;)

Stormymystic 05-17-2004 04:57 PM

umm, I think these are the white one, that were not shown on there [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Mack_Attack 05-17-2004 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Bungleau:
Reminds me of something I read a while back... some kind of interview with a park ranger, where the ranger said that his problems "occured where the smarter animals and dumber people started to cross over".
Yes I can see a problem too. You ever play Checkers with a dolphin. ;)
Very tough win. :D

johnny 05-17-2004 09:02 PM

Do you happen to have those little pills with smilies on em ?