Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Cloudy's Cafe- a conversation zone, 11-24-02 (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82907)

Cloudbringer 11-24-2002 11:07 PM

the original thread is here:

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...10&t=001902&p=

the previous thread is here:

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...0;t=012636;p=1

<H2><font color="plum">Cloudy's Cafe</font></H2>

Come in, be welcome, be comfortable, be yourself

Welcome to Cloudy's Cafe, a place to have a cup of coffee or a good
darjeeling and the finest in conversation and camaraderie.

The proprietor asks that you follow a few simple guidelines:

<H3>this is a real conversation zone, not a role-play zone</H3>

* no flaming; if you disagree with a viewpoint expressed by any patron, please do so in a civil manner

* any topic is fair game, but keep posts to the standards that Ziroc has set for the entire forum, please (ie: foul language is not appropriate and things should be suitable for all audiences)
-a side note from Cloudy: I see this as a place for those short
conversations about a new baby or the latest soccer fiasco, not for things that are big enough to warrant their own threads, by all means give those things the space they need and post separately!

* Please, no one word or smiley posts (Ziroc has declared them 'real spam' and the proprietor doesn't want the reputuation of "good spam" to suffer!)

* do feel free to be serious or silly and enjoy the company of others while you are here. By all means POST if you have something to say, even to start another topic , we can handle multiple chats, we're a CAFE!!! But be courteous and don't disrupt a conversation just to disrupt it.

Come on in! The bar is stocked with coffees, teas, juices and waters from around the world. And purple napkins, of course!

<font color="pink">The lighting is low, the golden oak counters and tables glow with inviting warmth. Near the window, the lighting is brighter, as comfy, plush leather armchairs wait for those who'd like to read a book while relaxing to music or just lazily watch the world go by.</font>

Lord Starshadow 11-24-2002 11:09 PM

Look everyone! A new cafe! How are things, Miss Cloudy?

To continue from the last thread: Hi antryg! We got snow, and we lost to the Flames. How bad is that?

Cloudbringer 11-24-2002 11:11 PM

Lord Starshadow! Howdy! I'm off to bed soon, it's late and I've work tomorrow.

Don't send me any of your snow! :D

Mack_Attack 11-24-2002 11:12 PM

Nooooo I just missed it Bummer. ;)
Lost to the flames not good I guess they had to break there lossing streak with some one.

Lord Starshadow 11-24-2002 11:15 PM

*writes down a note to self* No snow to New York. Miss Cloudy does not want.

I think I can handle that, but I don't know about Mother Nature. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Sorry Mack, but you're a little late on the offer, so I'll have to charge an additional 129.22 (American dollars) to your cost. Had I realized they would be so popular, I might have made more than one.

I'll get yours to you right away, BP! As soon as I get the check! :D

[ 11-24-2002, 11:17 PM: Message edited by: Lord Starshadow ]

Nanobyte 11-24-2002 11:18 PM

Um, isn't there like only an hour left of 11-24-02?

antryg 11-24-2002 11:20 PM

Sorry to hear that Mack and Starshadow.
Warm weather still here in Texas, it got up to 74F here today. Of course it is supposed to freeze tongiht.

Mack_Attack 11-24-2002 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lord Starshadow:
*writes down a note to self* No snow to New York. Miss Cloudy does not want.

I think I can handle that, but I don't know about Mother Nature. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Sorry Mack, but you're a little late on the offer, so I'll have to charge an additional 129.22 (American dollars) to your cost. Had I realized they would be so popular, I might have made more than one.

I'll get yours to you right away, BP! As soon as I get the check! :D

Well with the added cost I will have to dig a little deeper. There goes the christmas bonus. [img]graemlins/lol.gif[/img]

antryg 11-24-2002 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Nanobyte:
Um, isn't there like only an hour left of 11-24-02?
That's true if you are in the CZT (Central Ziroc Time). For those with Pacific time they have hours left. :D

Lord Starshadow 11-24-2002 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mack_Attack:
Well with the added cost I will have to dig a little deeper. There goes the christmas bonus. [img]graemlins/lol.gif[/img]
Don't worry, it's well worth the extra money. It will slowly but surely go down... er.. up in value until you realize that is what such a lousy... er, great buy, at which time you will be very happy that you used your Christmas bonus on such a worthwhile (if by while, you mean less) gift instead of many presents for your family. All in all, a great decision (for me). ;) :D

purre 11-24-2002 11:28 PM

Hi all! [img]graemlins/cheering.gif[/img]
I thought I'd pop in to say a quick hi to everyone before going to school! :D
How has your morning started? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Mack_Attack 11-24-2002 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by purre:

Purre I have not even went to bed yet. *Looks at time* Yep only 9:36 PM Sunday night.

Have a good day at school.

Lord Starshadow 11-24-2002 11:33 PM

Quote:

Hi purre! Good luck on your test!

Only 11:38 at night here, and I know you'll agree that it's still very early. ;)

purre 11-24-2002 11:44 PM

Oh,I forgot that some are still living their sundays :D
Well,remember to go early to bed! You dont want to end up sleeping too little time! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Personally,I enjoyed the 2.5 hours of sleep,that I managed to get! :D Well,I must run now,but Good morning or Good night,which ever you prefer!! :D :D

edit: smiley typo!!!

[ 11-24-2002, 11:48 PM: Message edited by: purre ]

antryg 11-24-2002 11:46 PM

Do well on your math test purre
Starshadow, you can send some of that snow to Texas so it doesn't bother Cloudy.

Azred 11-25-2002 12:11 AM

<font color = lightgreen>Hear, hear! Send us a little snow down Texas way, if you would please. We need some new pictures of <font color = orange>kitcat</font> and <font color = gray>mug</font><font color = white>sly</font> in the snow. [img]graemlins/laugh3.gif[/img]

Cloudbringer, it's not that far to Idaho. If you two leave now, you'd be back by...oh...Wednesday. If you hurry. [img]graemlins/1dizzy.gif[/img]

No school all week for <font color = white>TJ</font>. Second-graders are so lucky sometimes. [img]graemlins/beigesmilewinkgrin.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img] Just look at the time! Must dash! ciao! [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img] </font>

GokuZool 11-25-2002 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Lord Starshadow! Howdy! I'm off to bed soon, it's late and I've work tomorrow.

Don't send me any of your snow! :D

Can I have some snow? It's so hot here!

Sigmar 11-25-2002 05:44 AM

Leakin' lubricant!

You know everyone I originally knew here has now been banned or left.

Earthdog,Talthyr Malkaviel, Loumistro, Lioness, Caleb, Neb, Azure (sure azure and caleb keep popping in but they hardly post), Moni, Lord Shield and more.

They're all gone, and whats more HADB is also now gone :(

Sure I know other folks but I can't help but wonder, how could so many people leave. Not to stir the pot or anything folks but someones words speak the truth, someone is who no longer with us... There has to be another explanation but for the life of me I can't imagine what it is. Sure some of the chose to leave on their own accored but others...

Assistance would be appriciated.

Calaethis Dragonsbane 11-25-2002 05:46 AM

Good morning all. Soz, I cant answer your Q Sigmar. Nor would I want to. Why not ask them yourself?

Kaltia 11-25-2002 05:48 AM

Hi everyone. Feel somber today. Heya Sigmar, how are you?
Heh, I'm a mod [img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img] and no comments on how much I paid DB people [img]tongue.gif[/img]
He made me a mod on his forums because I'm a lovely person. No, seriously. What are you all looking at me like that for?

Kaltia 11-25-2002 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Calaethis Dragonsbane:
Good morning all. Soz, I cant answer your Q Sigmar. Nor would I want to. Why not ask them yourself?
LOL, at the same time and everything Colin :DSynchronised or what?
I have tomorrow and Friday off school!

Sigmar, if you're referring to neb and his accusations, then that's something only you can answer.

Sigmar 11-25-2002 05:51 AM

the rest were banned CD, I'm asking if they deserved or if they were merely being silenced, I'm losing faith in the system :D

I have to work it out for myself huh, great.

BTW-I just had my first MOCK exam today. Maths, it went fairly welll I think I've got physics after lunch.

Go to the chatroom people there's a couple of us inside already.

[ 11-25-2002, 05:54 AM: Message edited by: Sigmar ]

Kaltia 11-25-2002 05:53 AM

Teacher strikes on Tuesday....it's the Eight Day Fireman's strike now.
Why won't our government pay those in vital jobs? They need a pay raise to carry on living in London as the house prices are rising.

Kaltia 11-25-2002 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sigmar:
the rest were banned CD, I'm asking if they deserved or if they were merely being silenced, I'm losing faith in the system :D

BTW-I just had my first MOCK exam today. Maths, it went fairly welll I think I've got physics after lunch.

Hmm, are you in the higher, intermediate or lower tiers? (For maths?)
And I hardly know several of the members you talked about so am not really fit to respond, am I:P

Sigmar 11-25-2002 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Kaltia:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sigmar:

Hmm, are you in the higher, intermediate or lower tiers? (For maths?)
And I hardly know several of the members you talked about so am not really fit to respond, am I:P
</font>[/QUOTE]Higher.

I suppose you're right there [img]smile.gif[/img]

Calaethis Dragonsbane 11-25-2002 06:00 AM

Lucky you Kat. Tue and Fri off. :rolleyes: lucky lucky lucky. of course, its not good for your education, but... ;)

WillowIX 11-25-2002 06:04 AM

Quote:

Lucky you Kat. Tue and Fri off. :rolleyes: lucky lucky lucky. of course, its not good for your education, but... ;)
If all else fails women can survive on looks CWP. [img]tongue.gif[/img] :D Anyways, top of the morning to you all! I now have the very enjoyable work of collecting laundry from all over the house! ;)

Calaethis Dragonsbane 11-25-2002 06:09 AM

LOL Willow, so did you hang all the washing? ;)

WillowIX 11-25-2002 06:11 AM

Actually I did. But I got to borrow the neighbor´s tumbler which of course helped me a lot! How are you feeling today? Happier I hope! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Calaethis Dragonsbane 11-25-2002 06:19 AM

yep. could you come on msn please?

Cloudbringer 11-25-2002 06:31 AM

Ack laundry? Still? Oh no! That just reminded me I never finished mine last night! *heavy sigh* Ok, not a bad thing...I mean the boss will understand if I show up in a blouse and sweatpants, with wet socks,right? LOL :D

Calaethis Dragonsbane 11-25-2002 06:34 AM

LOL Cloudy. I wont suggest that maybe you should wear clothes that need washing [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img] that would be TOO much ;) hehehe.

WillowIX 11-25-2002 06:48 AM

Good morning Cloudy. I think your boss will appreciate you showing up like that. Habits are meant to be broken lol. ;) Good luck with your laundry as well. Mine only took me 5½ hours yesterday *sigh*. Onto MSN for you then CWP. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Edit: Why did you leave CD?

[ 11-25-2002, 06:54 AM: Message edited by: WillowIX ]

Cloudbringer 11-25-2002 07:46 AM

Quote:

LOL Cloudy. I wont suggest that maybe you should wear clothes that need washing [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img] that would be TOO much ;) hehehe.
ROTFL! UH yah...smelly laundry versus clean sweats... uh... LOLOL :D

Calaethis Dragonsbane 11-25-2002 07:48 AM

heheh. Well, what can you say? (A). ;)

Heartless Butterscotch 11-25-2002 08:04 AM

Has anyone else ever started their washer but then forgotten to put clothes in it?

WillowIX 11-25-2002 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Heartless Butterscotch:
Has anyone else ever started their washer but then forgotten to put clothes in it?
Hmm no I have never done that. I have started the washer without turning on the water though. The washer wasn´t too fond of that ;) .

Very nice avatar CD. It´s clearly meant to be a paradox! :D

Neuromancer 11-25-2002 08:11 AM

Quote:

Oh,I forgot that some are still living their sundays :D

And some are well into modays. Urghhhh...
Third cup of coffee,fourth cig break,fifth page of code [img]smile.gif[/img]

Tell me why I dont like ... and so forth.

Good morning to all not under GMT (Greenwich MEAN time [img]smile.gif[/img] )

Neuro

[ 11-25-2002, 08:12 AM: Message edited by: Neuromancer ]

MagiK 11-25-2002 08:14 AM

<font color="#ff6666">Morning kids and kidlettes, Happy MONDAY!!!!!

:D </font>

Neuromancer 11-25-2002 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by WillowIX:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Heartless Butterscotch:

Hmm no I have never done that. I have started the washer without turning on the water though. The washer wasn´t too fond of that ;) . </font>[/QUOTE]Well... I started an empty washer instead of full dishwasher.
I was forgiven without much ado - after the compulsory "sinner massage", of course [img]smile.gif[/img]

Neuro